Clarified ghee is a common allusion for ghee clarified butter. Ghee is called clarified because of the extra clarity it acquired due to the ghee-making process, which is a slow cooking method. In this process, milk fats get simplified and turn into pure butterfat.
What is the difference between butter and clarified ghee butter?
When butter gets extensively boiled against medium heat, it becomes clarified butter, an advanced version of dairy butter.
In the ghee-making process, butterfat gets separated from the regular butter, and milk solids like lactose casein get deposited at the crock pot’s bottom. Moisture gets evaporated. What remains left is the pure butterfat without any so-called impurities that may cause dairy sensitivity or risk of getting butter fat rancid.
Butter contains milk solids like lactose and casein, and it includes some part of moisture too. While butter releases a milky aroma, clarified ghee releases a nutty fragrance, which is refreshing. Butter gets rancid quickly, but clarified ghee is a shelf-stable fat.
Clarified ghee: how can you use it in cooking?
Clarified butter or clarified ghee is versatile cooking oil. You can use this cooking oil for all types of food making, whether it is a veg category or non-veg type.
Clarified ghee is an all-purpose kitchen staple. You can use it for everyday cooking, gourmet cooking, a spread or butter alternative, and a healthy taste enhancer. Its high-fat content works as a calorie controller. The high smoking points offer added safety, and the shelf-friendliness is a boon. Use can use clarified ghee:
In high-temperature cooking, clarified ghee is the chef’s darling. With a higher smoking point of 485 degrees Fahrenheit, it acts safe and stable when you are using it for baking, roasting, deep-frying, or while doing gourmet cooking like bar-be-que, etc. This is a unique feature of clarified ghee that hardly any other cooking oil can offer and ghee nutrition-support.
Ghee nutrition is one of the most potent qualities of this dairy oil. It contains 99% fat, but 64% fats are healthy saturated fats out of this chunk. These healthy saturated fats contain some health-friendly fatty acids like
- Alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid: fatty acid promotes heart health, enhances brainpower, keeps healthy eyesight, and helps in natural weight loss.
- Docosahexaenoic (DHA) fatty acid: DHA is an omega-3 fat that improves cardinal health. It offers nutritional support for Alzheimer’s disease, depression, inflammatory illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) is an omega-6 fatty acid. It is an MCT that promotes weight loss and promotes the healing of diabetes type 2. It also helps in improving lean mass in the body.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) fatty acid helps to regulate harmful cholesterol in the body. It also improves heart health, immunity power of the body and helps in losing obesity-related body weight.
- Butyric acid is a short-chain fatty acid that reduces internal inflammation in the body, flushes toxins out of the digestive system, and normalizes bowel movement. It helps in maintaining a healthy gut.
- A certain amount of Oleic Acid is traced in pure ghee butter. It contributes to the storage-friendliness and stability of ghee as a safe oil against high-temperature cooking.
Besides fatty acids, clarified ghee also contains fat-soluble vitamins. These are vitamin A, D, E, and K and some antioxidants.
Overall, clarified ghee is a revered and much-appreciated dairy cooking oil that you can use in your healthy cooking to make a smart diet. But it would help if you used pure and premium quality ghee clarified butter like Milkio grass-fed ghee from New Zealand.
Why New Zealand dairy is the best?
“New Zealand is favored by nature when making milk, with a climate, soils, and abundant water that create a perfect environment for growing grass. Our cows can access pasture year-round, meaning space to roam and follow their natural inclinations to be outdoors. Our geography means New Zealand is free from many pests and diseases, supporting healthy cows and allowing us to farm with a lighter hand.
Milk and milk products are highly nutritious and one of the most digestible protein sources, providing essential building blocks for a healthy diet for young and old. As one of the few large dairy exporting countries, New Zealand plays a vital role in global nutritional security”
Source: NZ story
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee:
Produced by Milkio Foods Limited, New Zealand, Milkio grass-fed ghee fulfills all the premium ghee qualities. Milkio grass-fed organic ghee offers the following benefits:
- A 100% natural product without any artificial color, flavor, or chemical preservative, and Milkio Ghee’s purity is certified by the USDA.
- It is an organic and non-GMO certified product by BioGro, New Zealand.
- The ghee from Milkio Foods is a HALAL and KOSHER certified dairy product.
- Milkio grass-fed ghee is free from milk solids like lactose, casein, gluten, sugar, and carb-free dairy.
- You can store Milkio Ghee for 12-18 months (from the manufacturing date) in your kitchen under room temperature.
- Milkio ghee is a safe cooking oil for its high smoking point, which is 485 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Milkio ghee offers a nutty aroma, semi-solid texture, and golden yellow color.
- What is ghee, and 4 healthy reasons it is better than butter?
- Grass-fed cow ghee: proven Ayurvedic home remedies for improved health
- Butter substitute