Ghee nutrition is a well-known fact today and that awareness has raised the use of ghee in our everyday life.
Many scientific researchers have proved the nutritional value of ghee. It is good to know ghee butter benefits so that we can use this dairy staple without any prejudice. Before we start, discussing the nutritional facts and know-how to use this dairy delicacy, it is good to remember that ghee clarified butter is free from lactose and casein, and therefore it is ideal for lactose intolerants.
The nutritional summary of cow ghee
How ghee is good for you? If we analyze desi ghee nutrition facts, the point will get explained.
It is the buyers’ concern. This question may haunt you once you decide to buy a jar of clarified butter. If we understand the ghee nutrition information in detail, then we will readily realize how beneficial it is to have ghee butter in our daily diet.
Ghee is a high-calorie dairy product. We will consume 112 calories per tablespoon of pure ghee in the diet.
The nutritional content of ghee, as supported by plenty of scientific research, shows that a serving of ghee (15 grams) contains 12.7 grams of fat, negligible amounts of milk protein, and no carbohydrates, no lactose, casein, fiber, or sugars, and a negligible quantity of trans fat.
Ghee contains mostly saturated fats comprising long, medium-chain fatty acids, and short-chain fatty acid.
Cholesterol: Ghee contains cholesterol. According to medical studies, ghee increases HDL good cholesterol levels if ghee diet is used in moderation, it has no adverse effect on a healthy heart.
- Unlike vegetable oil or vegetable ghee like Vanaspati, clarified butter contains mostly saturated fats and a lesser amount of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Grass fed ghee contains a significant amount of CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid) that stands responsible for many of the ghee benefits.
- Fats: We get 8 grams of saturated fat, 4 grams of monounsaturated fat, and 0.5 grams of polyunsaturated fat. The healthy saturated fats contains omega 3 fatty acids, omega 9 fatty acids, etc.
If we take a look at the vitamin and mineral content, we will find that we can have the following:
- Calcium: 1 milligram per tablespoon
- Vitamin A: 108 micrograms
- We can also have heart friendly and fat soluble vitamins like D, E, and K in a small amount
Ghee contains butyrate in the form of butyric acid
Pure grass fed cow ghee contains Butyrate, and it is a unique short chain fatty acid. It helps in, maintaining gut health. Furthermore,
- Butyrate is the key source of energy for the colon cells. Besides healthy colon maintenance it promotes good intestinal health too.
- It helps in maintaining the consistency of the stools.
- It has anti-inflammatory effect on the wall of intestine.
Nutrition analysis of grass fed ghee is explanatory enough to decipher cow ghee nutrition. Ghee nutrition info also makes us aware that various health benefits are linked with ghee in the diet planned with healthy foods. The nutritional contents of ghee lead to these dairy health benefits :
- Healthy heart due to the healthy fat in ghee
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Natural source of vitamins and minerals
- Weight loss of body
- Brain development
- Eye care
- Colon cleaning and healthy gut
- Stronger bones
These are the main ghee benefits Ayurveda had proclaimed years back. We can get to enjoy all of them if we can add pure cow’s ghee to our diet maintaining moderation in quantity.
Ghee vs. butter
From the point of ghee nutrition, ghee vs. butter nutrition is a relevant point of discussion as both ghee and butter contains high quantity of saturated fats.
There are some similarities like both butter and ghee contains milk fat, and its list on nutrients are quite similar. Ghee is made from melted milk butter and is called clarified butter because of the clarified texture of the butter. But there are some difference also between ghee and butter.
- Ghee has a higher smoking point.
- Butter contains lactose and milk protein but ghee butter doesn’t.
- Ghee is shelf-friendly, but butter is not.
- Medicated ghee has therapeutic effect but medicated butter is not available.
- Butter provides 717 Kcal/ 100 grams with 51% saturated fats and 3 grams of trans fats, whereas
Ghee offers 900 Kcal/ 100 grams quantity with 60% saturated fats and negligible trans fats in it.
- Ghee is unprocessed fat. It contains Omega 3 fatty acids along with Vitamin A. Fortified butter may contain Vitamin A.
6 ways to use ghee in food
As ghee has a high smoking point of 482 degrees F, it is ideal for deep-frying any food that you desire to have and along it have the ghee nutrition. Clarified butter can tolerate more heat as cooking with MCT oil than its commonly used herbal or vegetable oils like olive oil, coconut oil, or sunflower oil.
You can use ghee recipe in baking. The higher smoking point of clarified butter is an advantage of using this saturated fat based product as the cooking oil in baking. It remains stable against high temperature and you can use this liquid fat for all types of cooking like veg and non-veg recipes.
It is the best cooking oil to toast spices before you add those to soup, stew, or curry to make it tasty. It is a simple and healthy way to enjoy the ghee benefits Ayurveda proclaimed long back.
Use dairy milk fat in place of traditional butter as spread over toast, steamed vegetables, or steak. Your food will have more flavor using ghee butter. Ghee will work as a taste enhancer, nutritious spread, and its nutty flavor will enhance the palate.
Grass fed butter contains milk protein like casein and lactose. People with lactose intolerance may suffer problems like flatulence, bloating, etc. due to regular butter as it contains milk solids in it. But clarified butter can minimize the risk.
Use of ghee oil with coffee
Enjoy a nutty flavor in your morning bulletproof coffee. It is ghee in coffee. Just add melted ghee in your cup of coffee without adding sugar. You can have all the ghee nutrition benefits to start an energy-perked day with this ghee coffee recipe.
Use ghee clarified butter as a seasoning
You can use organic ghee as healthy seasoning fat for cooked dishes like salad, etc. The unique nutty aroma adds flavor and its nutritional power and saturated fatty acid content make the dish healthy and palatable.
So, use organic ghee butter daily and have all the health benefits associated with the nutrient in it.
The most interesting part of using ghee is its therapeutic effect.
- You can use ghee with milk at night for sound sleep.
- You may use pure cow ghee with lukewarm water in the morning. It helps in easing constipation.
- Lukewarm ghee with tea or coffee heals sore throat.
However, you will get all ghee nutrition benefits when you will go for the best quality grass fed cow ghee in your diet. Grass fed cows are known to produce superior quality cow milk, which contains higher quantity of nutrients than cow’s milk produced by grain-fed cows.
Grass fed ghee contains higher quantity of CLA and butyric acid than non-grass fed ghee variety. Hence you should select only grass fed cow ghee variety to enjoy optimum ghee benefits.
Milkio grass-fed ghee is a pure New Zealand made product. Only 100% grass fed cow milk made unsalted butter is used for producing Milkio Ghee, and that is why the ghee offers highest quantities of ghee nutrients.
Milkio ghee is a natural product and it is 100% pure without any synthetic color, flavor, or chemical preservative. The purity of the product is USDA certified. Milkio Grass fed cow ghee is a non-GMO and organic certified product and it is endorsed by BioGro, the leading product certifier in New Zealand.
Milkio organic grass-fed ghee is available in market. If you want to buy this grass fed ghee butter, you may check Milkio NZ
Reference Links :
Grassfed Ghee, Grassfed Brown Butter, Bulk Butter Oil, Clarified Butter, Ghee, Ghee nutrition, Brown Butter, Brown Butter Ghee,Private Label Butter Oils,ghee white label agreement. white label distribution, private label products nz, ghee private label. private label keto coffee, private label, private label nz, private label mct oil, private label food manufacturers, white label products,Ghee nutrition