Ghee smoke point is anytime higher than other common cooking oils and fats. Hence grass-fed ghee is a safer cooking oil in its category.
If we check, every cooking fat and oil maintains an individual smoking point, which means under certain temperature the fat starts burning. The temperature that makes smoke out of the oil on heat, is called the smoke point or burning point. The smoking point differs from one oil to another. For example, the smoke point of ghee clarified butter is higher than coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil, etc.
Now besides different ghee health benefits, the higher smoking point of ghee offers some crucial benefits for ghee users. But before that let us know what makes the smoke point a critical point in cooking oil selection.
How the smoking point matter? – What temperature does butter burn?
When oil or cooking fat gets heated beyond its smoke point, it generates toxic fumes and free radicals, which are extremely harmful to our body. If you’ll be cooking over 320°F temperature but still want to gain the health benefits of your cooking oil, you must opt for cooking with pure ghee.
Pure grass-fed ghee offers a higher smoking point which is 485 degrees Fahrenheit. If you compare common cooking oils with ghee smoking point, pure ghee as cooking oil is an obvious advantage.
Every oil you cook with has a certain smoke point. This is the reason when an oil is heated enough, it begins to smoke, and then it breaks down. At the time of breaking down, it gets more oxidized, which is not good for health. These oxidized parts of the oil may induce damage to cells inside your body, and it is popularly believed that these are the trigger of creating free radicals in the body increasing the risk of developing cancer or cancer-related diseases.
This smoke point range differentiates oil with a lower smoke point with cooking fats like ghee as oils with a lower smoke point are comparatively unhealthy for cooking. Alternatively, cooking oil with a higher smoke point like ghee is a safer option for your culinary feast.
Regardless you are concerned about daily cooking or about gourmet cooking like baking, sautéing, or simple deep-frying, oils with a higher smoking point are a safer choice, which makes pure grass-fed a better pick out of the common market available options.
What is the smoking point of ghee?
In terms of safe cooking and higher smoke point, ghee is an excellent choice for you because the smoke point for ghee is quite higher than most of the cooking oils.
The ghee smoke point temperature is 485° Fahrenheit, which is much higher than other cooking oils. For instance, if we compare the smoke point of butter vs. ghee, the burning point of butter (smoke point) is only 350 degrees F, which is much lower than pure brown butter.
The higher smoking point of ghee is an obvious advantage but this benefit is available only for 100% pure ghee dairy products like Milkio Grass-fed organic ghee, produced by Milkio foods, New Zealand.
According to Dairy research, grass-fed cows and sheep, who are on a 100% green grass or grass-based diet, offer more nutritious milk than grain-fed cows and sheep. This is the reason, grass-fed ghee is a better choice for cooking, and grass-fed quality ghee offers the highest smoking point in the ghee clarified category.
The higher smoke point of ghee is helpful in cooking at least for three awesome reasons.
- Ghee smoke point: higher the count more is versatility
Due to the higher ghee butter smoke point, you can use this dairy delicacy in different types of cooking. Other than slow cookery, ghee can be used for high-temperature cooking like deep-frying, sautéing, baking, etc. As clarified butter smoke point is comparatively higher than butter and other cooking oils, pure clarified butter is a more versatile cooking oil in your kitchen.
You may use it for cooking both veg and non-veg dishes. You may use pure ghee for preparing dessert dishes too. You may use ghee as a butter alternative as a spread or for seasoning salads.
- The smoke point for ghee: it is more stable for cooking
The higher smoke point of ghee makes it a stable and safe cooking oil. Ghee is free of harmful trans-fats, unlike other vegetable oils Vanaspati. According to Ayurveda, pure ghee butter oil is better because it is healthier for cooking than the use of butter or other common oils with a lower smoking point.
The higher stability of ghee oil for cooking is a reason pure ghee is a preferred oil in cooking. The higher fat content and the stability of this cooking fat counts ghee as a Keto and Paleo diet friendly oil.
Besides the heat-stable feature, pure ghee is a storage-friendly cooking oil too. You can store ghee at normal room temperature for 12-18 months from its date of manufacturing.
- The high smoke point of ghee: Less risk of inducing free radicals in the body
Most of the cooking oils show a low smoke point, and that is the reason they break down even at a lower temperature while cooking and generate free radicals. Free radicals are harmful agents that may cause deterioration in the body as well as increases the risk of inducing carcinogenic diseases.
Grass-fed desi ghee is called a safe cooking oil. In Ayurveda, this dairy staple is widely recommended in the daily diet as it helps in procuring different health benefits. The cooking friendliness and storage friendliness make pure ghee a chef’s favorite oil.
The high smoke point of milk fat is free of the risk of generating free radicals in the body.
These are the three unique benefits of ghee smoke point. It will help users in enjoying stable health and feel-good benefits of ghee in these three ways that will offer them both short term and long way benefits.
Ghee benefits: other than the high ghee smoke point
- Other than the smoke point, ghee in the diet offers some more interesting benefits. Credit goes to the high-fat content of ghee, it is a filler food when added to the diet and restricts calorie intake if taken in moderation. This is a natural way ghee offers its dietary support for weight loss benefits.
- Ghee is supportive of smooth and easy digestion. The fatty acids in Ghee are digestion-friendly and help in secreting gastric juice to facilitate faster digestion.
- The Butyrate content in pure class fed ghee helps in maintaining good colon health. Because of the butyrate content, pure ghee works as a colon friendly natural laxative that flushed out toxins from the body. Due to butyric acid in ghee, pure sheep or cow ghee eases the irritation of constipation and IBS.
- Ghee is a lactose-intolerant diet-friendly dairy. During the ghee making process, milk solids like lactose, casein gets eliminated from dairy butter. That is why ghee does not income the problem of a dairy allergy as lactose and casein act as the main trigger for lactose allergy.
- Pure Ghee promotes brain health. Healthy saturated fats are beneficial for brain health according to Ayurveda. It has been tested that ghee in the diet helps young kids with improved levels of concentration. For ages and adults, ghee in the diet ensures natural prevention from memory-related diseases.
- Pure grass grass-ghee contains Conjugated linoleic Acid or CLA, which is a proven natural supplement of natural weight loss and increasing lean mass in the body. Grass-fed cow ghee contains more CLA than non-grass fed ghee.
- Grass-fed cow ghee is made from milk butter produced from grass-fed cow milk. A moderate quantity of pure ghee in the diet helps in strengthening bones and bone joints because of its antioxidant support.
- Pure grass-fed ghee is an excellent natural moisturizer. The recommended quantity of ghee in the diet is helpful to maintain lustrous hair and wrinkle-free skin. Moreover, grass-fed ghee keeps the body tissue soft and flexible.
- Besides a high smoke point and the benefits of a safe oil, grass-fed ghee offers some unique benefits that contribute to natural wellness for ghee consumers. But you have to buy only pure and certified organic ghee butter-like Milkio ghee.
Milkio organic grass-fed is produced from regular unsalted butter prepared from grass-fed cow milk. Milkio pure cow ghee contains health-friendly fatty acids like omega-3, CLA, butyric acid, and vitamins like A, D, E, K2. It is lactose, casein, sugar and carb-free dairy product with is Ketogenic diet-friendly.
Besides, the high smoking point, Milkio ghee is a shelf-stable dairy. It is a natural product that is free of chemical color, flavor, and preservatives, and the best quality of Milkio Grass-fed ghee is certified by USDA. You may store Milkio organic grass-fed at room temperature for 12-18 months with the support of refrigeration. To know more about the superfood check milkio.co.nz
Reference Links :
Grassfed Ghee, Grassfed Brown Butter, Bulk Butter Oil, Clarified Butter, Ghee, Brown Butter, Brown Butter Ghee, Private Label Butter Oils, ghee white label agreement. white label distribution, private label products nz, ghee private label. private label keto coffee, private label, private label nz, private label mct oil, private label food manufacturers, white label products, Ghee smoke point