Benefits of cooking with ghee
The benefits of cooking with ghee are multi-layered in the true sense of the term. It is safe, healthy, tasty, and easy to cook. Unlike olive oil, as expressed by Chef Tory Miller, it never gets bitter. Unlike canola oil, ghee will never offer you a not-so-delectable flavor that you cannot change for the better.
Then what is about ghee cooking? It’s a new culinary saga that US culinary experts are enjoying lately. Other than the USA, recently, ghee cooking has become popular in UAE, Australia, New Zealand, and many European countries. Nonetheless, the number of ghee admirers is increasing each day. There are multiple reasons behind ghee popularity: the benefits of cooking with ghee are one of them.
One of the ghee advantages is the economy added to ghee used. You can cook with a moderate quantity of ghee. Next, ghee is easy to store and genuinely versatile. You can use ghee as a butter substitute. Instead of using butter, you can use ghee in all butter recipes.
The benefits of cooking with ghee have its health benefits. But user convenience is a strong attraction of ghee cooking practice.
- Ghee goes well with all types of dishes: Ghee is versatile cooking oil, and the versatility of ghee is one of the benefits of cooking with ghee. You can use ghee for cooking for all types of cuisines and both spicy and sweet dishes.
You can use ghee in everyday cooking and for gourmet cooking. It is a lactose-free dairy that you can use in the diet of kids and lactose intolerants. Due to its nutritional benefits, you can safely use ghee-cooked foods for older adults and in pregnancy diets.
- It is perfect for high-temperature cooking: It is pretty challenging to choose a safe oil for high-temperature cooking and oils with low smoking point starts flashing against 400 degrees Fahrenheit temperature and becomes unstable.
But with 485 degrees Fahrenheit temperature, ghee works as a stable oil for high heat cooking methods like baking, roasting, deep-frying, etc. Ghee acts stable, making it a better cooking oil than standard options available in the market like olive oil, canola oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Ghee offers a yummy flavor to add: Ghee is a well-appraised taste enhancer. Whether you are cooking a spicy dish or a dessert, ghee as a taste enhancer can add a unique depth to its palate. It has a rich and creamy texture and a fresh nutty aroma, which will add a special layer to its feel-good taste, which hardly olive oil, coconut oil, or canola oil can do.
- Ghee is a safe oil for its high smoke point: Ghee does not produce free radicals while cooking like other low smoke oils due to high smoke points. The safety of ghee as cooking oil from free radicals is why ghee cooking is assumed as a safe option for cancer prevention, which is one of the benefits of cooking with ghee.
- Ghee is shelf-stable and does not require refrigeration: Cooking with ghee is a boon for homemakers as ghee is stable shelf oil. You can preserve ghee in your kitchen at room temperature without the risk of getting rancid. As ghee acts as a tasty all-purpose fat in your diet, buying ghee in bulk is a cost-efficient option. Storage friendliness is one of the benefits of cooking with ghee.
Other than cooking conveniences, there are other benefits of using ghee in cooking. These benefits are health supports of ghee due to ghee nutrients in it.
Health benefits of ghee: all by adding it to the diet
The primary health benefits of ghee include,
- Support for smooth digestion and natural control on acid flux, flatulence, bloating, etc.
- Healthy maintenance of colon and natural relief from the pain and irritation of constipation
- Care and nourishment of the brain, which delays the onset of dementia for the elders
- Natural care and maintenance of eyesight and preventive of dry eye syndrome
- Strengthening of bones and teeth in the human body
- Offering nutritional dose for a healthy heart and ensures healthy control on LDL cholesterol
- Promotes hair, skin, and nail health due to the oily moisturizing quality of the dairy
- Boosting of immunity that improves disease prevention power of the body
- It was offering the support of healthy fats in the diet that can substitute the intake of carbohydrates. It supports ketosis and helps in the natural weight loss of the body.
All these ghee benefits are easy to avail of. Just add ghee in your cooking or use ghee as the cooking oil. You will get to enjoy the power boost of ghee nutritional support and the benefits of cooking with ghee convenience at one go.
Moderate grass-fed ghee intake and good quality ghee use are the prerequisites to enjoy the benefits of cooking with ghee in your favor. For the best quality grass fed ghee, you may try Milkio Grass fed ghee. From 100% pure New Zealand.
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand is favored by nature when making milk, with a climate, soils, and plentiful water that generate an ideal environment for growing healthy grass.
New Zealand cows can access open pasture year-round, meaning space to roam and follow their natural affinity outdoors. The spirit of dairying in New Zealand is the spirit of ingenuity. The NZ dairy industry creates more than 1500 products & Milkio ghee is one of them from milk.
About Milkio Grass fed ghee
Milkio Grass fed ghee is made in New Zealand and offers 100% grass fed goodness to its consumers. It is a USDA-approved dairy product for its 100% purity. Milkio grass fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives. It is a butterfly-marked non-GMO certified product (by Non-GMO Project Verified, USA) and an organic certified dairy product by BioGro, New Zealand.