Is ghee lactose-free
Is ghee lactose-free? Let is try to find an answer to this question. Milk is of great nutritional value, and so are various milk products. Lately, an increasing number of individuals are switching to ghee as a part of their regular diet as ghee is lactose-free.
If you are wondering, “Is ghee lactose-free”, you must know that ghee is one of quite a few dairy products that lactose-intolerant individuals can consume.
Why New Zealand dairy?
Our milk comes from a good place. Trust in the quality and safety of New Zealand dairy products stems from our integrity as a country. New Zealand is open and transparent and has earned trust the world over. New Zealand’s robust regulatory framework has built global confidence in our food safety and quality.
Source: NZ Story
What makes ghee safe for lactose-intolerant people?
If asked whether ghee is a dairy product or not, the answer would be tricky. For sure, ghee is basically butterfat, which is technically a dairy product. However, ghee is free from the milk solids and fats that lactose-intolerant individuals have trouble digesting. A quick glance at how ghee is prepared would give you a clear idea.
- Ghee is prepared by cooking butter at low heat until the entire water content evaporates.
- It leaves only the milk solids and fats.
- The milk solids are filtered out, so only the butterfat remains. This justifies the common query: “Why is ghee lactose-free?”
- At room temperature, the butterfat hardens to some extent and turns into ghee.
Thus, ghee doesn’t have the ingredients that cause lactose intolerance. This makes it significantly safe to consume.
How to consume ghee to enjoy the health benefits?
- Hot water: A combination of hot water and ghee can offer you various health benefits, especially if consumed early in the morning.
- Meals: The best part about ghee consumption is that you may have it during your breakfast or meals. Ghee is an amazing alternative to butter and oil.
It is best to go for high-grade ghee from leading brands like Milkio. While consuming ghee from such a reputable brand, you wouldn’t have to worry about any lactose residues in it. You may click here Milkio for more information.
- Is ghee healthy? What makes ghee a healthy heart promoter?
- Is ghee lactose-free? Learn more about this topic
- A New Zealand based Ghee Company: always ahead of the curve in dairy production
- What is ghee, and 4 healthy reasons it is better than butter?