Desi ghee manufacturers are the ghee producers who use the traditional process for making ghee.
It is not about a geographical location, but it is all about authentic ghee making practice. According to dairy experts, traditional (desi) ghee is more nourishing and it contains more nutrients than ghee produced in non-traditional commercial processes.
Can ghee be made of curd?
Desi ghee making process uses curd for making ghee. From pure milk, the curd is made and by churning the card, milk butter is prepared. In the traditional ghee making process, a desi ghee manufacturer boils the freshly prepared milk butter to prepare pure ghee clarified butter. In this process, butter is boiled to that extent until the water portion gets evaporated and milk protein like lactose and casein gets removed.
The current methodology of ghee manufacturing
There are a total of five methods of ghee manufacturing. These are
- Desi or Indigenous Method: This process is also called the desi manufacturing process of ghee making.
- Creamery Butter Method
- Direct Cream Method
- Pre-stratification Method
- Continuous Method
It has been observed that 90% of quality ghee makers use traditional ghee making methods. These desi ghee manufacturers keep stringent quality management for the produced ghee quality.
What is the process of desi ghee manufacturing?
There are different processes for ghee manufacturing. However, the traditional process is the most popular method in ghee manufacturing.
In this process,
- The concentration of milk fat in the form of cream or butter is used as the raw ingredient.
- Heat clarification of fat-rich milk portion is done and the process reduces the amount of water to less than 0.5%.
- The 3es phase involves the removal of the curd content in the form of ghee residue.
What is pure ghee?
Pure ghee is a natural dairy product, which is produced from milk butter or milk cream. Pure ghee is made of 64% saturated fats (containing long, medium, and short-chain fatty acids), some vitamins, and a certain quantity of unsaturated fats. Premium desi ghee manufacturers made ghee does not contain artificial color, aroma, or chemical preservative. Ghee is also known as clarified butter.
Why Desi ghee manufacturers use unsalted ghee in their production process?
Unsalted dairy butter is used in the traditional ghee making process for three primary reasons. One is for maintaining good taste. If salted variety is used as ghee raw ingredients, the taste of ghee will be salty, which is not its natural taste.
Good quality ghee is a zero-sodium dairy product. Salted butter is not free of sodium. For a simple reason, a salted variety of butter is not the right option for making ghee.
At the time of boiling butter, salted category produces more foam than its unsalted version. These are perhaps the reasons desi ghee manufacturers use the unsalted category of butter for making ghee.
The improved desi ghee manufacturing process
Although traditional, desi ghee manufacturers are now employing an improved process of ghee manufacturing. In the improved process, traditional authenticity is being maintained but cleanliness and hygienic conditions are best adhered to. As a result fermentation process, curd making, and corning process have become more mechanized. The clarification process has become more systematic and that is why the ghee quality has become consistent.
Once the traditional ghee making process was meant for small scale production but improved creamery butter professional methods of ghee making can make quality produce. The production flow chart involves milk-cream-butter-ghee, which is exactly like the traditional method, which involves the same production flow as milk-cream-butter-ghee. Storage friendliness of the ghee in the improved traditional process is better than the old primitive process.
Factors impacting ghee quality are:
- The fat content of the raw material used: Desi ghee manufacturers take the best care for getting the finest yield as higher the fat content, higher will be the yield.
- Method of ghee production: The fat-recovery phase in the traditional ghee making method is the lowest in the range of 80-85%, while in the creamery butter method the fat recovery ranges from 88-92%. The fat recovery remains the highest indirect cream method, which ranges from 90-95%.
- Quality of milk or cream: The quality of the milk or cream decides the ghee quality.
- Fat recovery from ghee residue: Fat recovery from the ghee residue decides the quantity of fat in ghee produced.
Milkio follows a modern process of ghee manufacturing
Milkio as one of the leading ghee manufacturer follows Creamery Butter Method. In this process,
- Unsalted butter is used as a raw ingredient.
- The butter gets transferred to the boiling kettle,
- The butter starts boiling at 110° Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Protein particles get brown and the produce gets cooled at 65 degrees Celsius.
- The produce gets thoroughly strained. Ghee is kept for getting cool. The product is ready for packaging and shipping.
Equipment needed in this commercial ghee making prices are:
Ghee kettle, Ghee sieve tank, ghee pump, ghee clarifier, ghee balance tank, and ghee storage tank.
Milkio Foods is an accredited ghee manufacturer because the company maintains all the intricacy of ghee production in the traditional manufacturing method. Milkio organic ghee is produced in New Zealand and it is BioGro certified for its organic labeling. Milkio organic cow ghee is available in the market both online and in regular stores.
Milkio Foods offers services like ghee private label and ghee contract manufacturing. To know more details about these B2B service facilities mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- SHOP NZ
- SHOP OZ
- SHOP TAIWAN
- ORGANIC GHEE ONLINE
- ORGANIC GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
private label ghee,wholesale ghee supplier,ghee contract manufacturing,desi ghee manufacturer,ghee producer,contract manufacturing, ghee repacker,ghee butter private label,ghee white label,pure ghee manufacturers,ghee suppliers,ghee private label,Private Label,Ghee manufacturing process,ghee manufacturers,ghee private brand