Is ghee keto compliant? Well, blissfully, yes!
Gone are those fays when ghee was an underdog. Credit goes to dairy research ghee is finally claiming its rightful place in our plates as well as in the nutrition charts. It is no wonder it is now identified as the most appropriate carb substitute for the high fat-intensive ketogenic diet and Paleo diet.
The ketogenic diet or – the keto diet is a weight-loss diet plan that promotes faster weight loss and boosts energy. It replaces carbohydrates with healthy fat as the primary source of energy.
The Keto diet includes a diet plan made of high-fat and a portion of lean protein and a restricted quantity of non-starchy carbohydrates. The fat versus carbohydrate and lean protein ratio of the ketogenic diet is 3:1:1, which is 70-80% fat, 5-10% carb, and 10-20% protein. For a 2000-calorie diet, this deciphers to approx. 165 grams fat, 40 grams of carbohydrate, and 75 grams lean protein.
As the healthy fat source, grass-fed ghee fits in the Keto diet plan, and ghee keto forms a winning combo.
An age-old dietary staple in Southeast Asia, ghee is also finding acceptance in the west. It can be consumed raw and the most preferred cooking medium for its high smoking point of 400-450 degrees.
How to use ghee combo in the Keto diet?
- You can use ghee as your cooking instead of other standard cooking oil. The high smoke point (485 degrees Fahrenheit) of grass-fed is a sheer advantage.
- You can use ghee as a healthy spread instead of butter and margarine. The high fat of ghee and high calorie of dairy will work as filler food and help you calorie intake restriction.
- Ghee clarified butter is lactose and casein-free product. It is high in butyrate that promotes improved metabolism and sound gut health. You can enjoy regular colon clearance, and it will help you lose unwanted fluid accumulation from your body.
But you should use the ghee Keto combo with two restrictions. These are:
- Moderate consumption of ghee
- Use of the best grass-fed organic ghee only.
To get the best success in your Keto diet plan, you may try Milkio Grass-fed ghee. Made in New Zealand, Milkio Grass-fed ghee is USDA approved for 100% purity, and BioGro certified for its Organic and Non-GMO claim. Milkio organic grass-fed ghee is now available on eBay and Etsy in the USA.