Pure ghee is a premium quality dairy staple.
Modern dieticians are recommending the use of ghee diet for people of all ages. But best ghee benefits are available under three primary conditions. These are
- Strict moderation,
- Active lifestyle support,
- Use of pure and organic cow ghee.
Ghee or clarified butter is loaded with saturated fats. It is a high-calorie dairy staple and that is one of the reasons, overeating ghee can be harmful to the body. It is calculated that an adult with general health can have a maximum of 3-4 teaspoons of cow ghee per day, either in cooking or in tea or coffee in the morning at the time of breakfast. Moderation is one of the pre-requisites you have to follow if you want to enjoy the ghee benefits.
The point of moderation in ghee use may differ from one to another person. Consumption capacity of an individual may differ depending on the age and their lifestyle. Athletes or the sportspersons can add ghee in their diet as they need a higher amount of calories for their lifestyle. People who lead a sedentary lifestyle must consult a dietician to decide the ideal amount of grass-fed ghee in their diet.
If you can link the ghee diet with an active lifestyle, enjoying ghee benefits becomes easier. The active lifestyle indicates regular exercise and adequate physical movement according to the age and general health of an individual. Kids and youngsters can pure ghee in the diet as their lifestyle is more active and they do more intense physical activities. On the other hand, people who are intellectually active and spend a more sedentary lifestyle should plan their ghee diet according to their calotte burn ratio.
Moderate ghee in the diet is one of the most effective diets for natural weight loss, but you have to include daily exercise in your routine. People with the overweight problem can include cardio exercises like cycling, swimming, brisk walking, practicing yoga, etc. to burn calories and to keep the metabolic rate at par.
Pure ghee quality
Ghee clarified butter, which is unadulterated in terms of flavor, preservative, and color, is called pore ghee. When ghee is prepared using 100% grass-fed cow milk, it is called grass-fed ghee, and according to dairy experts, grass-fed ghee is the best quality dairy you can try in your diet to enjoy optimum ghee benefits.
Now, it is easy to understand that pure cow ghee in diet is a prerequisite to have all amazing ghee paybacks. But the main quandary is determining the purity of ghee. Do you know that you can check the purity of the clarified butter you have purchased? Yes, it’s true and you can do it easily.
Pure ghee: Simple tests to check purity
If you want to check the quality of the pure cow ghee in your kitchen, you can try these easy tests for quality validation.
- Take a teaspoon of melted ghee from your kitchen in a see-through bottle. Now add a dash of sugar in it, close the bottle, and shake it robustly. Let the mix stand for 5-8 minutes. If you get to see a red color at the bottom of the vessel, then the sample may contain impurity of vegetable oil.
- Melt one tablespoon quantity cow ghee. Pour it into a glass jar and place the glass container in the fridge till it gets condensed. If you see two layers in the frozen portion, you can be sure that the ghee contains mix of other oils.
- Take some melted cow ghee and add 4-5 drops of iodine in it. If you find the appearance of purple color in the mix. you can be sure the ghee has the presence of starch in it. The ghee is impure.
- Place a spoonful ghee on your palm, if the dairy delicacy starts melting itself, it is pure. Usually, pure cow ghee melts against our normal body temperature.
- Put a spoonful cow ghee and heat it. If it gets melted quickly, it is pure in its quality. Pure melted and hot ghee will turn brown. However, if the ghee takes time to get melted, and shows light yellow in color instead of becoming brown, it is surely purity compromised.
- Pure cow ghee looks yellow golden in color. It offers a creamy texture and a nutty flavor. You can preserve pure ghee in normal temperature in kitchen without any refrigeration support.
Before placing online order for buying quality cow ghee, check a few points. These are:
- If the cow ghee is procured from organic certified 100% grass fed cow milks fat
- If it is preservative, additive, and synthetic color free.
- If the cow ghee is shelf stable: pure ghee can be stored in kitchen up to 12-18 months from the date of manufacturing.
- If the ghee is storage friendly without the support of refrigeration.
These are some of the points you should check for buying pure ghee. Unless you buy and use pure quality ghee, you may not get all ghee benefits.
Therefore quality assurance for this dairy product is quite essential.
Essential ghee benefits include:
- Natural weight loss
- Staying healthy as ghee helps in maintaining the immunity
- It helps in easy digestion and reduced the problem of acidity
- Keeps bones strong and offers care for skin and hair
- Takes care of eye and reduces the problem of dry eye syndrome
- Improves memory and reduces the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
Ghee is recommended for kids, adults, seniors and even in the diet of a pregnant woman as the nutritious content of ghee offers plenty of therapeutic effects for its consumers.
Want to use a quality assured organic grass fed cow ghee?
- GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- SHOP NZ
- SHOP OZ
- SHOP TAIWAN
- ORGANIC GHEE ONLINE
- ORGANIC GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
Read More :
- Best cow ghee: the health benefits it can offer your body are just mind blowing
- Clarified butter: why and how it is a wise choice for your cooking
- Benefits of eating ghee for skin
- New Zealand based Ghee Company
- Brown butter vs. ghee
- Best ghee butter
- Cow ghee benefits for brain