How to make desi ghee?
How to make desi ghee? It is the most common question after knowing its health benefits and experiencing its nutty flavor. This high smoke point fat with such a nutty taste has been used for thousands of years and has deep roots in Ayurvedic traditions. Making desi ghee at home is convenient, fast, and inexpensive, and the flavor is far superior to commonly produced varieties.
Why NEW ZEALAND DAIRY INDUSTRY?
Milk and milk products are highly nutritious and one of the most digestible sources of protein, providing essential building blocks for a healthy diet for young and old. As one of the few large dairy exporting countries, New Zealand plays a vital role in global nutritional security.
Source: NZ story
How to make desi ghee at home?
- First, you need to collect cream from the top of the milk for 5-6 days and then keep that cream in the refrigerator.
- When you start making ghee, make absolutely sure the cream is cold. Using a hand mixer, churn the cream in a big mixing tub. The milk will split into butter and liquid after a few minutes. Continue to swirl for another 2-3 minutes, or until the cream has dispersed completely.
- Using a cheesecloth, drain the butter and catch the excess liquid or buttermilk in the dish.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat to produce ghee. Allow boiling until the butter has melted fully. The butter will begin to foam and splutter as it simmers.
- Cook the ghee for another 20-25 minutes on low heat, stirring periodically to prevent the milk solids from burning at the rim. It can change color from brilliant yellow to somewhat greenish, then to a soft golden brown since it cooks.
- Your ghee is ready until it becomes transparent, ceases foaming, and the milk solids at the bottom turn brown. Once it cools down, drain the ghee and store it in a jar.
Now Milkio ghee is available for online and offline purchases. To know more details on Milkio Grass-fed ghee online shopping counters, please check https://milkio.co.nz/e-commerce/.
- Desi Cow Ghee: Here’s Everything You Must Know About Cow Ghee Benefits
- Desi ghee: the dairy tonic grandma used to add in every dishes
- Desi ghee benefits: 9 unique paybacks that can improve your wellbeing