Desi ghee is an age-old dairy delicacy in grandma’s kitchen, which was used for making delectable dishes.
You must have heard her dictum that desi ghee is an elixir and will help you to stay hale and hearty.
But have you thought ever that how this dairy product is good for your health?
Here desi ghee is obviously not the white vegetable oil or the Vanaspati Ghee. By desi ghee we are talking about the pure cow ghee produced in traditional (desi method) process using the purest raw ingredients. But have you ever thought what ghee is actually?
What is desi ghee?
Desi ghee is a pure dairy item and also known as clarified butter, brown butter, anhydrous fat, etc. It contains loads of saturated fats and multiple nutrients like vitamins, and minerals.
Ghee production via traditional method is a slow cooking process in which milk butter is heated until the butter becomes clarified and the milky part of the butter gets evaporated with water. Desi ghee is free of lactose and casein and that makes it safe for consumption of lactose intolerant people.
Cooking with ghee: how it is beneficial?
Let’s come the point why grandma always preferred ghee in cooking. According to Ayurveda, desi ghee offers plenty of health benefits. Some of them are:
- This dairy staple helps in faster digestion. Ghee diet is perfect for people suffering from acidity and flatulence.
- Pure cow ghee is supporting for boosting memory power. Ayurvedic treatment supports ghee diet for students as it may come helpful for improved concentration level, memory power, and better immunity level.
- Ghee in cooking is a beauty therapy: regular ghee diet keeps natural care for skin and hair health.
- Desi ghee is laxative in nature. If you are suffering from irregular bowel movement, you may try ghee diet.
However, what grandma may not have mentioned in her course of love and pampering that moderation is the perquisite for enjoying ghee in diet.
Desi ghee for staying fit and fine: is it true?
Sedentary lifestyle, stress, and irregular food habit are the three triggers of obesity, hypertension, and cardiac diseases of thousands of netizens worldwide. But in grandma’s age these three diseases were not that common.
Did ghee play a critical role in staying fit?
Modern research has revealed some interesting benefits of desi ghee. These benefits may sound little surprising as they collide our negative impression of adding fat in regular diet. But the facts are sometime stranger than fiction.
- Ghee in cooking, if coupled with active lifestyle and balanced diet, can help in lowering the risk of developing cardio diseases.
- Ghee diet is helpful for getting faster success in weight loss program: active lifestyle and moderation are the two simple prerequisites.
- Contrary to myth, saturated fats in desi ghee has no direct relation in boosting cholesterol count in blood.
- Diet with ghee is helpful in regulating inflammation of body.
- The loads of butyrate in organic grass fed ghee is supportive for maintaining a clean gut.
These are some of the benefits of desi ghee. Adding ghee in diet is an easy way to enjoy all the holistic advantages. Grandmas were not that erudite and skilled in understanding nitty-gritty of diet and nutrition but they were expert in including holistic advantage of nature in lifestyle, the preference for desi cow ghee is one of the examples of that knowledge.
All the ghee benefits are easy to avail when you are using organic grass fed ghee. If you are looking for the best quality organic grass fed cow ghee, try Milkio.
Made in New Zealand by traditional process from 100% grass fed cow milk butter, Milkio ghee is one of the best products in its category. Now available online for your easy purchase!
- GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- SHOP NZ
- SHOP OZ
- SHOP TAIWAN
- ORGANIC GHEE ONLINE
- ORGANIC GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
Read More :
- clarified butter brands
- protein in ghee
- where to buy ghee
- sheep ghee benefits
- ghee for eyes
- is ghee good for health
- disadvantages of ghee
- sheep ghee benefits for skin
- ghee benefits for skin
- ghee clarified butter
- grass fed organic ghee
- organic grass fed ghee
- eating ghee