Enjoy Ghee rice with Milkio Grass fed ghee The most delicious and aromatic cooked Rice, which goes well with Chicken curry or Mutton curry. Ghee rice is a great dish to accompany any type of curry on any occasion, festive or...read more
Grass fed Ghee: Diwali Special Bottle Gourd Laddu Recipe Delicious BOTTLE GOURD LADDU
A traditional sweet made with bottle gourd is prepared on festivals or eaten as a fruit diet on fasts. It is very easy to make, this fibrous and nut.
- Main Ingredient : Bottle Gourd
- 1. Bottle gourd(peeled and grated) - 200gms or 1(1/2) cup
- 2. Jaggery - 200gms/ Brown Sugar
- 3. Dry coconut powder - 200gms
- 4. Milkio Ghee – 4 tablespoons
- 5. Cashew nut pieces - (10-15) piece
- 6. Raisins - (10-15) piece.
- 7. Salt - 1 pinch [optional]
- 8. Cardamom powder - 1/2 spoons [teaspoons or 2 pinches.]
- Heat Milkio ghee in a Frying Pan.
- Add grated bottle gourd use little bit water with that. Add cashew nuts, raisins and sauté it
- Fry it for 3-4 minutes. Turn the flame into medium.
- Mix jiggery/Brown Sugar and boil them for 20 minutes and add coconut powder, cardamom powder with that mixing.
- Add pinch of salt for taste. Keep it aside for cool.
- Now it’s ready to make laddus.
- Apply Milkio ghee to the hand and make round laddu.
- Delicious BOTTLE GOURD LADDU is now ready to serve.
Instant Jalebi with Milkio pure ghee
- 1. 1 cup plain flour (Maida)
- 2. 1 tsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
- 3. 1/2 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
- 4. 1 tbsp. melted Milkio ghee
- 5. 1 tsp sugar
- 6. 2 to 3 drops of lemon yellow food colouring for the sugar syrup
- 7. 2 cups sugar
- 8. A few saffron (kesar) strands
- 9. 1/4 tsp lemon juice Milkio ghee for deep frying
- Sieve the plain flour and gram flour together.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Mix the flour mixture, yeast solution, Milkio ghee, sugar and lemon yellow food colouring with 2/3 cup of water to make a thick batter, making sure that no lumps remain.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes till the yeast ferments.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes till the syrup is of 1 string consistency.
- Add the saffron and lemon juice and mix. Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Heat the Milkio Ghee in a broad saucepan (the ghee should be approximately 25 mm. (1") deep).
- Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single whole nozzle or a thick cloth with a small hole in the centre which is finished with button-hole stitch.
- Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot Milkio ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown and transfer into the warm sugar syrup.
- Drain immediately and serve hot. Do not allow the jalebi batter to over ferment.
- Fry the jalebi's immediately once the batter has rested for 10 minutes.
Navaratri Special Gulab Jamun with Milkio Ghee:
- 1. 3 cups sugar
- 2. 6 cups water
- 3. 1 tbsp. cardamom powder
- 4. 2 tbsps. Rose water
- 5. 3 cups powdered milk
- 6. 1 and a 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7. 1 and a 1/2 tsp baking powder,
- 8. 1 cup heavy cream,
- 9. 1 cup Milkio ghee for deep frying
- Mix the water and sugar in a deep pan and boil till all the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the flame and add the cardamom powder and rose water. Mix well and keep aside. Mix the powdered milk, all-purpose flour and baking powder well.
- Add a little of the thickened cream at a time to them and mold to make a dough that is medium soft but not sticky. Kept the rest of the cream aside.
- Just add a little at a time until you reach the consistency of dough you are after.
- The success of this dessert depends almost entirely on how well you mold the dough.
- Once the dough is ready, divide it into walnut sized balls and roll between slightly greased palms till smooth. Any cracks will show up even more lately and could lead to the 'milk balls' cracking as they are being fried... not desirable! Take all the time you need over this step to get it right.
- While making the balls, heat the Milkio ghee for deep frying in a wide pan on a low to medium flame. Fry the dumplings, stirring often to brown on all sides.
- Do not cook on very high heat as the dumplings will burn on the outside and remain raw inside!
- When cooked, drain (with a slotted spoon), remove the dumplings from the Milkio ghee and transfer it immediately into the sugar syrup.
- Repeat above steps until all the dumplings are cooked and added to the syrup.
- Allow the dumplings to soak in the syrup for at least 2 hours before serving.
- At this point they can either be removed from the syrup and served or served with the syrup.
Two different types of modaks to add to your Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations Food (read: modaks and ladoos) is synonymous with Ganesh Chaturthi. The Hindu festival is celebrated over a period of 10 days to honour Lord Ganesha's birthday. But if you're away from home and...read more
Here is a detailed recipe of how to make the popular traditional Rajasthani sweet, ghevar on the occasion of Hariyali Teej. Ghevar is a popular traditional Rajasthani dessert that is usually made on the occasion of Teej and Raksha Bandhan. The delicious sweet delicacy...read more