The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is healthy, & tasty.
The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is enriched with several nutritional benefits. However, ghee plays a unique role in making this recipe tasty and wholesome.
The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is an all-seasonal dessert item you can make in your kitchen with a little effort. It is a little flaky, gluten-free, and easy to make a recipe that takes considerably little baking and preparation time.
The finished dough for the pie crust should be relatively soft, but it should get firm once it is baked. It would be best if you prepared the dough in a way that should cover the entire pie pan without any breaks.
Ghee and oat pie crust: why is ghee a safer choice?
A pie crust recipe with ghee is a healthy platter; adding ghee to oats is a wise choice. Both ghee and oats offer several benefits.
- Oat flour is full of fibers. When ghee is mixed with the flour to make the dough, you combine good fats with fibers. The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is a low-carb, high-fat keto diet-friendly recipe that benefits weight loss.
- The ghee and oat pie crust is a baking recipe. Ghee offers a high smoke point of 485 degrees Fahrenheit, higher than other vegetable oil and butter. Ghee’s high smoke point is safe for baking. It is a wise choice if you have chosen to bake an oat pie crust.
- Pure grass-fed ghee offers a flavorful aroma. It makes the baked item delicious and crispy but juicy in its natural texture due to the rich, creamy texture of the ghee oil. No other oil can reciprocate the ghee flavor perfectly.
- Ghee offers unique nutritional benefits. The ghee and oat pie provides you with the best ghee cooking benefits. Besides taking care of your taste buds, it will take care of your digestive tract, colon care, skin care, and immunity boost, which is an advantage.
Substituting ghee or clarified butter for shortening oat pie crusts is wise. Using ghee will induce a tender, crumbly crust with a richer, buttery flavor; however, it may become greasier. The ghee and oat pie crust may puff up slightly in some incidents.
Ghee and oat pie crust: how to bake?
The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is an easy-to-cook baking recipe. Let’s check the equipment and the cooking instructions step-by-step.
Equipment: Pie pan & Mixing Bowl
Ingredients for making pie crust with ghee baking
- Gluten-free oat flour-1 ½ cups
- Salt-½ tsp.
- Grass-fed ghee of Milkio: ¼ cup
- Cold water-¼ cup.
Ghee and oat pie crust: the cooking process
Let’s learn first how to add ghee in pie crust. We have simplified the cooking here.
- Add the oat flour, salt, and grass-fed ghee to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the water and knead.
- If your dough is too crumbly, you may add more water, 1 tbsp. You can continue kneading well at a time while adding water step by step.
- The dough will turn somewhat smooth and soft to the touch but have a firm density.
- Now, place the dough on a piece of parchment paper.
- Add another parchment paper over the dough and roll it flat.
- Remove the top layer of the parchment, and place the dough into your pie pan. Then, cautiously peel off the other piece of parchment.
- Press the dough gently into the pie pan, and place it with the help of your fingers until you have excellent, even coverage over the pie pan.
- Now bake in the oven at 350 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes to create a light toast for the oat pies. Do not over-bake, however.
Ghee and oat pie crust baking: Choosing the Right Ghee
Choosing the right ghee is an important part of your culinary excellence. Let’s check the following points to select the best ghee out of multiple options.
- Unsalted Clarified Butter: Opt for unsalted ghee to maintain control over the salt content in your crust. This allows you to adjust the salt according to your recipe’s requirements.
- High-Quality Ghee: Choose premium, high-quality ghee from pure, grass-fed cow’s milk. Quality ghee imparts a richer flavor and better texture to your crust.
- Aroma and Flavor: Look for ghee with a rich, nutty aroma and a slightly sweet flavor profile. This enhances the overall taste of your pie crust.
- Golden Color: Good-quality ghee typically has a golden-yellow hue, which adds a warm, inviting color to your crust.
- Lactose-Free and Casein-Free: If you or your intended audience have dietary restrictions, consider ghee labeled lactose-free and casein-free, as it is safe for individuals with lactose intolerance or dairy allergies.
- Read Reviews: Before purchasing ghee, read product reviews or ask for recommendations from trusted sources. This can help you find ghee brands consistently receiving positive user feedback regarding taste and quality.
Choosing the ghee is crucial to achieving a flavorful and flaky pie crust.
Ghee and oat pie crust: multiple serving suggestions
- Sweet and Savory: This versatile crust can be used for sweet and savory pies. Add a dash of honey or a sprinkle of brown sugar to the crust for sweet pies. For delicious pies, experiment with herbs and grated cheese.
- Nutty Crunch: Incorporate finely chopped nuts (like almonds or pecans) into the crust mixture for a nutty flavor and delightful crunch.
- Gluten-Free Option: If you’re catering to a gluten-free audience, substitute gluten-free oats and a gluten-free flour blend to create a gluten-free ghee and oat pie crust.
- Spiced Variation: Add ground spices like cardamom, ginger, or cloves to infuse your crust with a warm, aromatic flavor that pairs beautifully with fall-inspired pie fillings.
Summing up: Ghee and oat pie crust
The ghee and oat pie crust recipe is easy to bake and tastes fine. However, about the ghee, you must choose grass-fed ghee, which is lactose, casein, and gluten-free. For example, you may try Milkio Grass-fed ghee, made in New Zealand.
About Milkio grass-fed ghee:
Milkio grass-fed ghee products are prepared in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients and verified as non-GMO. The ghee is all-natural and offers an intensely nutty, feel-good aroma, rich, creamy texture, and additive-free quality, making it a superfood for the kitchen.
Milkio Ghee is a gluten, lactose, casein, carb, sugar, and chemical-free product safe for consuming lactose intolerants and casein sensitives. It is keto and paleo diet-friendly. Milkio ghee products do not contain artificial color, flavor, or preservatives.
Milkio ghee offers a high smoke point and is shelf-stable dairy oil you can store in the kitchen at room temperature for up to 18 months from manufacturing. To buy Milkio ghee, you may order at the Milkio website.
If You Wish to partner with us to Import/Buy/Distribute/Trade Our Milkio Ghee products, or for developing Private label ghee products, or contract ghee manufacturing support, Please Feel Free To Contact Us Via Our Email, We Will Be In Touch With You Within the next 48 Hrs.
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: No feed with the ID 2 found.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.