Desi ghee vs ghee
Desi ghee vs ghee is a shopping concern for ghee users. Here desi ghee means conventional ghee products produced from traditional dairy ingredients. Ghee ingredients are simple in terms of ghee making. Milk-made milk butter (unsalted) variety is used for making ghee.
But the quality of ghee largely depends on the quality of ghee raw materials, and the quality of ghee raw materials depends on the diet of the ruminates.
If we compare Desi ghee vs ghee from the nutritional aspects, ghee or grass-fed ghee proves to be a better dairy product. The diet of the cow or sheep essentially stands responsible for this superior quality of grass-fed dairy products.
Desi ghee vs ghee: diet plays a key role
Grass-fed ghee is produced from grass cow milk butter. Grass-fed dairying is a modern dairy style where cows are kept in captivity. Instead, they are allowed to roam around open pasture almost round the year, and they eat primarily green grass or grass-based fodders in their diet.
As the result of the grass diet, these happy cows produce better quality milk, containing more nutrients like omega 3, 6, Conjugated linoleic acid, and butyric acid, etc.
But grain-fed cows are not strictly grass-fed. They are fed with assorted elements, and that is why the milk produced by grain-fed cows is not that nutrition-rich like grass-fed cows. Grain-fed cow milk does not contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids or CLA in adequate quantity. Hence grain-fed cow milk-produced ghee lacks nutrition accordingly.
- Grass-fed ghee like Milkio Ghee clarified butter from New Zealand contains some fat-soluble vitamins. These are Vitamin A, D, E, and k.
- Vitamin A – the vitamin supports optic health, improves the immune system, and offers support for the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs to work correctly.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin is needed for improved immunity and strong bones. Vitamin D improves the calcium absorption power of the body from foods and other supplements.
- Vitamin E – it works as an antioxidant and helps to protect cells from the harm caused by free radicals. Free radicals are composites formed when our body’s metabolism process converts the food we have consumed into energy.
- Vitamin K – The vitamin is essential for maintaining the feature of blood clotting and in maintaining healthy bones, particularly for people using blood thinners as their medicines.
Grass-fed ghee is rich in CLA.
Grass-fed dairy contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and if we compare Desi ghee vs ghee, a heart-healthy fatty acid. Studies have shown that grass-fed, pasture-raised dairy products have up to five times more CLA than their grain-fed counterparts.
Additionally, research concludes that CLA bolsters the immune system and has anti-inflammatory properties to help your body resist infections, inflammatory disorders, autoimmune disease, and even allergies!
Grass-fed ghee contains butyric acid.
Grass-fed ghee is rich in butyric acid, and this short-chain fatty acid helps reduce inflammation of the body, detox the digestive system, and take good care of the colon. Ghee butyrate content is one of the best features of grass-fed ghee that makes it distinctively different than grain-fed ghee. In the Desi ghee vs ghee comparison, ghee and its butyrate content keep grass-fed ghee a few steps ahead.
The comparison stated above clearly describes why grass-fed ghee is considered a better product on the desi ghee vs ghee scale. However, always buy certified grass-fed ghee products from a reputable brand like Milkio, a pure New Zealand product.
Why New Zealand Grass-fed ghee is a better option?
New Zealand is supported by nature when producing milk, with a temperate climate, fertile soils, and abundant water for growing healthy grass. New Zealand cows can access open pasture year-round, leading a stress-free lifestyle. These cows produce nutritious milk than grain-fed cows produce in their captivity.
Choosing Milkio Means you are choosing New Zealand, the proven place for food safety and integrity in your daily life.
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee
Milkio Grass-fed ghee is made in New Zealand and offers 100% grass-fed goodness to its consumers. It is a USDA-approved dairy product for its 100% purity. Milkio grass-fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives. It is a butterfly-marked non-GMO certified product (by Non-GMO Project Verified, USA) and an organic certified dairy product by BioGro, New Zealand.
- The desi ghee recipe is a simple process for making ghee at home.
- Desi Ghee Nutrition and Can Diabetic People Consume It?
- How to make desi ghee: Step by step guide for you to make ghee.