Listen this post
Organic grass fed ghee has earned global popularity and this dairy product is now available under different brands.
But it is important to understand why optimum priority is set on this category of ghee. Organic labelled products are manufactured with best raw ingredients adhering to the organic parameter of dairy products. When a ghee is called the grass fed ghee, it means the ghee is produced from 100% grass fed cows’ milk. Grass fed cow milk is anytime nutritious than cow milk collected from grain fed cows.
But the irony is all ghee qualities are not at par. Dieticians and nutritionists are recommending mostly to use organic quality grass fed ghee in ghee diet. However ghee uses have to be moderate by all means. The quantity about how much ghee should be consumed varies from one person to another, and it also depends on the general health of the consumers.
What is the organic grass fed ghee?
Organic ghee is a natural dairy product that offers plenty of health benefits. It is produced from pure and best quality raw materials like pure cow milk. For producing organic grass fed ghee manufacturers use the purest form of milk butter procured from 100% grass fed cows’ milk, as well as the milk is collected from the organic farms, where the cows are fed on organic grass only.
The milk used in this process are collected from 100% grass fed cows, and grass fed cow milks are superior in its nutrients value. As a result, organic grass fed ghee meets the highest quality standard for the consumers.
How to verify the organic status?
Authentic organic grass fed cow ghee brand are endorsed with a valid organic certification. If a ghee manufacturer claims his product as organic, it has to be legally certified.
For example, Milkio Foods produced organic cow ghee is certified by BioGro NZ, one of the largest and well-known certifier for organic produce and products in New Zealand. Milkio organic grass fed cow ghee is produced by using 100% grass fed healthy and happy cow milk of New Zealand and adhered to the premium ghee quality.
How to check ghee quality online?
It is a real life issue that in online purchasing you cannot check the product physically before you get them delivered. Here you have to check the product quality by using few guidelines:
- Check the certification: true organic products will show organic certification on the label
- Look for the expiry date: organic grass fed ghee is a shelf stable product, can be stored for 12-18 months from the date of manufacturing
- Best organic ghee is storage friendly: you don’t need refrigeration support to store it in your kitchen
- Best quality cow ghee is beneficial for health and other ghee benefits: check if the ghee you are buying is natural and unadulterated
- Good quality cow ghee is photosensitive. You will find it packed in non-transparent container or in a pack for making it moisture proof, heat proof, and protected from unwanted exposure to light
- Organic cow ghee offers high smoke point. Adulterated ghee will show lower smoke point.
How to taste ghee purity in home?
Adulteration in cow ghee is a common mischief. Post purchase you can check the purity of ghee by using these simple methods.
Take some ghee from the purchased container in a test tube and add sugar in it: heat the mix. If a layer of red color is found at the bottom of the test tube, the ghee contains vegetable oil.
Take few drops of melted ghee in another test tube and add 2-3 drop of iodine solution in it. If the solutions turns purple in color, there is adulteration of sweet potato or normal potato mesh in the ghee.
Take some ghee in a glass jar and place in it refrigerator. If there is mix of coconut oil in the ghee, the melted ghee will create two layers.
Organic grass fed ghee is a pantry staple and can help in maintaining good skin care and hair care. External use of ghee is beneficial as cooking with ghee is good for maintaining good health and wellbeing. But it is important to use best quality grass fed organic cow ghee for enjoying best ghee benefits.
How organic ghee is used?
- Organic ghee is perfect for use in cooking. You can use it for high temperature cooking processes like baking, sautéing, deep fry. It is a natural taste enhancer for food and it is suitable for use in its raw condition. For example, organic cow ghee is used for seasoning salads, etc.
- Organic grass fed ghee has some unique medicinal properties. In most of the instances raw cow ghee is used in making medicine. For example, one of the major ghee benefits in Ayurvedic treatment is its use for sleeping problem. If you are suffering from chronic insomnia, you may try consuming organic ghee (1 teaspoon) with milk before bedtime. Instead milk, you may use lukewarm water too.
- Similarly, using raw ghee for coffee is a healthy diet supportive option; if you want to reduce your body fat, add organic grass fed cow ghee, the best ghee for coffee, and turn your morning beverage into an energy based health drink.
- Like internal use you can use organic ghee for hair and skin care by external massage.
- Health freaks, following Keto diet, can include organic ghee in their diet as a good quality fat source.
- Organic grass fed ghee is the best option for Keto diet followers for its umpteen fat content.
How organic ghee is produced?
Organic ghee is produced from organic milk butter. It is important to know what organic milk is. Organic milk is produced from certified organic dairy farm, where cows are fed on organic grass only. According to the benchmark of organic labeling, organic grasses are cultivated without the use of chemical fertilizer. Other features of organic dairy farming are,
- Cows will not be given any dose of antibiotics or hormone based medicinal doses
- They will be on the open pasture almost round-the-year
- All the documents about organic farming will be maintained by the farmer for audit.
Organic milk is a premium quality product and it is organic certified too. Organic grass fed ghee is prepared from this finest milk, and organic ghee manufacturers prefer traditional ghee making method for maintaining the best ghee quality.
Why Organic ghee is a better product?
Organic ghee is the purest form of this unique dairy product. According to research, organic ghee contains higher quality of nutrients and the best quality fat than its non-organic quality. In terms of storage friendliness, organic grass fed ghee offers longer shelf life.
Ghee is used for making Ayurvedic medicines. Organic grass fed ghee is completely unadulterated and hence it is the best ingredient for making ayurvedic medicines, according to Ayurvedic specialists. For external use also, organic grass fed ghee is a more recommended product for its purity.
What are the prerequisites for enjoying ghee benefits?
Ghee contains butterfat and overeating of ghee may cause the problem of obesity, and many other complications. Ghee diet is advantageous when you will include ghee in strict moderation and you will embrace a healthy active lifestyle. Include ghee in your diet if you can maintain these three conditions:
- Moderate quantity of ghee in food
- Habit of regular exercise
- Use of the best quality ghee for use.
Want to buy 100% grass fed organic cow ghee?
Buy Milkio grass fed organic cow ghee and enjoy all the ghee benefits at its best! This premium quality New Zealand cow ghee is one of the best organic ghee in its category. You can buy this premium quality organic ghee online and you can buy it from the regular stores.