Listen this post
Instant Jalebi In Milkio Ghee
Yields | 6
Prep Time | 30 minutes
Cook Time | 50 minutes
1. 1 cup plain flour (Maida)
2. 1 tsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
3. 1/2 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
4. 1 tbsp. melted pure ghee
5. 1 tsp sugar
6. 2 to 3 drops of lemon yellow food colouring for the sugar syrup
7. 2 cups sugar
8. A few saffron (kesar) strands
9. 1/4 tsp lemon juice pure grass-fed ghee for deep frying
- Sieve the plain flour and gram flour together.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1 tablespoon of water.
- Mix the flour mixture, yeast solution, Milkio ghee, sugar and lemon yellow food colouring with 2/3 cup of water to make a thick batter, making sure that no lumps remain.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes till the yeast ferments.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes till the syrup is of 1 string consistency.
- Add the saffron and lemon juice and mix. Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- Heat the Milkio Ghee in a broad saucepan (the ghee should be approximately 25 mm. (1″) deep).
- Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single whole nozzle or a thick cloth with a small hole in the centre which is finished with button-hole stitch.
- Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot Milkio ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown and transfer into the warm sugar syrup.
- Drain immediately and serve hot. Do not allow the jalebi batter to over ferment.
- Fry the jalebi’s immediately once the batter has rested for 10 minutes.