Enjoy Ghee rice with Milkio Grass fed ghee
The most delightful and flavorful cooked Rice, which goes well with plenty of veg and non-veg dishes like chicken curry or mutton curry. Ghee rice is a yummy dish to go along with any type of curry on any occasion, festive as well as ordinary. It is a tasteful and simple rice recipe which is ideal for packed lunches and picnics.
Commonly served with raita, ghee rice is a palatable lunch/dinner recipe. It is an easy-to-cook recipe that is loved by both kids and adults.
You can pair this culinary delicacy with Rajma, Chole and even with Kadhi Pakora. Make this savory rice recipe for your family and friends and impress them with your cooking talents.
- Basmati Rice, well-washed in lukewarm water and drained well – 2 cups
- Water- 4 cups
- Onion, large cut thin lengthways- 1
- Bay leaves, fresh or dry – 2
- Milkio Ghee – 4 tbsp.
- Salt- as needed.
- Fresh 1 slice of ginger, chopped- 1 inch around
- Fresh garlic 3 cloves-chopped
- Green chilies-3-4, chopped
- Whole cardamom-2
- Whole cloves-2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch slice
- Onions, cut thin lengthwise- 2
- Milkio Ghee – as needed to fry chopped onion
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Raisins, roasted in 1 tsp.
- Ghee- 1 tbsp.
- Cilantro, chopped- to garnish
- Grind the aforementioned ingredients in a blender and once done, keep aside.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat: allow to get it hot and then add Milkio ghee in it.
- Once the Milkio ghee in saucepan gets heated, add the onions, salt, bay leaves, and keep on sautéing until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the ground mixture, keep on sautéing until the raw smell of the ginger/garlic goes off- about 3 minutes time will be needed.
- Add the prepared rice to this mix and sauté in ghee for about 3 to 4 minutes more. Don’t allow the rice to turn brown/over roasted.
- Place the lid on the saucepan and continue cooking for more 15-20 minutes till the water gets completely dried off.
- Open the lid: using a spatula give the rice a mix and keep it aside covered.
- Fry the onions in Milkio ghee until they turn golden brown: once done, transfer on a paper towel.
- Roast cashew nuts in the leftover oil until turn golden: keep aside on a paper towel.
- Roast Raisins in oil till it bubbles up, keep aside.
- Garnish the cooked rice with sautéed onions, roasted cashew nuts, roasted raisins and chopped cilantro.
- Keep the saucepan covered for a few more minutes.
- Serve rice warm with your favorite veg or non-veg dish.