Rice is a convenient meal that we eat on a regular basis. Regardless of how many fancy and exotic dishes we consume, -rice-ghee will never be replaced. You will never go hungry at home if you know how to make ghee rice, and here we will help you in learning that. The feeling of fulfillment that the dish provides is unrivaled. It also has a high nutritious value and is thought to be very safe for children.
Ingredients you will need
1 finely chopped carrot
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 large garlic
3 tablespoon ghee
2 cup water
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 green chili
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 piece ginger
1 cup basmati rice
salt as required
Once you have all the mentioned ingredients ready, here how to make ghee rice–
- Rice should be soaked for 2-3 hours before being washed and soaked, and the extra water should be drained. Cook the rice, then drain it and set it aside.
- In a pressure cooker over a moderate flame, melt the ghee and add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cardamom, and garlic.
- Sauté for 30 seconds (or until fragrant) before adding the sliced raisins, cashews, green chilies, and diced carrot.
- To accelerate the food preparation, add sliced onions and salt.
- Cook for a couple of minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the Rice and the water thoroughly.
- Close the cooker lid, and pressure cooks it on a moderate flame for 2 whistles.
- Fluff the rice after it has cooled. Now your ghee rice is ready.
Now once you know how to make ghee rice, it is time to know its health benefits. As rice is high in carbohydrates, while pure ghee is high in vitamins A, D, E, and K. As a consequence, the addition of these three ingredients results in a balanced meal that offers the proteins, fats, and carbohydrates required for daily activities.
So, this was all about how to make ghee rice. If you are looking for quality ghee, you must get in touch with Milkio, as it offers the best quality ghee. The products provided by Milkio are all 100% organic USFDA as well as Non-GMO certified and can be shipped anywhere.