Ghee Rice is a globally famous dish, widely popular in UAE.
Extremely comforting and savory in taste, the recipe offers delicious aroma, which is refreshing as well as mild for digestive system. When you will cook Ghee rice with Milkio’s New Zealand ghee, it will prove your culinary genius again. The best part of this UAE Ghee recipe is its simplicity of making: once learned, you can prepare the dish quickly in your kitchen.
Ghee rice is a calorie rich, yummy, vegetarian dish. In terms of calorie, one serving of Ghee Rice Recipe offers around 225 calories, out of this total count, carbohydrates (Rice) comprise 141 calories, nuts and other ingredients cover around 12 calories and the residual calories come from the ghee fat which is around 71 calories. One serving of Ghee Rice offers about 12% of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet, which is made of around 2,000 calories.
What is special about Ghee rice?
Ghee rice is a simple to cook tasty dish, which can be easily cooked within 30-40 minutes. Ingredients are simple too and can be collected globally. Ghee rice offers a unique combo of richness taste and amazing flavor. You can serve ghee rice with wide varieties of side dishes both of vegetable or non-veg categories. Spices are one the key ingredients in the preparation, which can improve the taste of the dish as well as the spices help in easy digestion of the food.
The aromatic spices are roasted in Milkio New Zealand ghee for added enhancement of the flavor. Ghee rice is easy to cook and it does not demand much culinary expertise. Ghee rice is easy to digest and is famous all over the world with Asian and Middle East cuisines.
Let’s check how to cook ghee rice:
Basmati rice : 2 cups
Ginger garlic paste : 2 Tablespoons
Fennel seed : 1 teaspoon full
Onion : 1, finely sliced
Lemon juice or vinegar 2 Tablespoons
Milkio’s grass fed Ghee: 2-3 tablespoons
Curry leaves : Cashews and raisins
Cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves-3 pieces each
Fried sliced onion (for garnishing)
It takes few minutes to cook Ghee Rice. However, instructions should be followed step-by-step.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry finely sliced onion.
- Add salt in half fried onion and keep stirring. Keep it on flame for some time and then squeeze the excess water from it. Repeat the action for twice. Keep it aside. This will be used for garnishing.
- Now pour some Milkio’s Pure Ghee in the cooking pan and fry cashews and raisins. Keep them aside.
- Clean and wash the rice and drain the water from it. Keep it aside.
- Then take a vessel and pour some Milkio’s ghee in it.
- When ghee will become hot, now add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, and fennel seeds to the same pot. Sauté for a while till the flavor comes out….
- Now add the sliced onion when done, add the rice to the mix and blend well.
- Now need to add ginger garlic paste in rice and mix the same with the rice: let the cook in a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 4 cups of water (arrange water, double of the rice by quantity) in a separate pot.
- When water in pot starts boiling, pour it over the rice. Mix well.
- Add fresh lemon juice and salt in it.
- Now Stir well and add curry leaves for adding special flavor.
- Close the lid of the pot and cook in a low flame until entire water gets dried up.
- Now Transfer Ghee rice to a serving plate: garnish the platter with fried onion, cashews, and raisins.
Ghee Rice needs to be served with side dish. Although it is a veg recipe, but it can be served with both veg and non-veg side dishes. It takes 45-60 minutes to prepare the dish.
What is good about Ghee rice recipe?
Not only the ghee recipe is easy to cook a dish it is good for health too. Take a look.
Ingredient 1: Rice: There are some definite pros for rice. Rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates, which is an essential source of energy for our body. Rice is low in fiber and therefore easy to digest and a staple option for people suffering from digestive weakness and acidity.
Ingredient 2: Ghee: Milkio Grass fed cow ghee is high in its fat levels and if consumed in moderation it is healthy. Grass fed Milkio Ghee is packed with Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) which offers lots of health benefits. Ghee is also loaded with butyrate which is good for healthy colon management.
However, the ghee rice recipe is not regularly recommended for diabetics, heart patients and obese patient. Occasionally, if someone wants to have ghee rice in food menu, moderate use of ghee and strict portion control is recommended.
Read More :
ghee rice , cook ghee rice, ghee rice recipe, serving of ghee rice, cashews and raisins
- Milkio is the only New Zealand exporter of ghee
- The company’s range includes Organic Cow Ghee, Grass Fed Sheep Ghee