Ghee Rice is a globally famous dish, widely popular in UAE.
Extremely comforting and savory in taste, the recipe offers delicious aroma, which is refreshing as well as mild for digestive system. When you will cook Ghee rice with Milkio’s New Zealand ghee, it will prove your culinary genius again. The best part of this UAE Ghee recipe is its simplicity of making: once learned, you can prepare the dish quickly in your kitchen.
Ginger garlic paste
Cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves-3 pieces each
1 teaspoon full
1, finely sliced
Lemon juice or vinegar
Milkio’s Traditional Ghee
Cashews and raisins
Fried sliced onion (for garnishing)
It takes few minutes to cook Ghee Rice. However, instructions should be followed step-by-step.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry finely sliced onion.
- Add salt in half fried onion and keep stirring. Keep it on flame for some time and then squeeze the excess water from it. Repeat the action for twice. Keep it aside. This will be used for garnishing.
- Now pour some Milkio’s Pure Ghee in the cooking pan and fry cashews and raisins. Keep them aside.
- Clean and wash the rice and drain the water from it. Keep it aside.
- Then take a vessel and pour some Milkio’s ghee in it.
- When ghee will become hot, now add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, and fennel seeds to the same pot. Sauté for a while till the flavor comes out….
- Now add the sliced onion when done, add the rice to the mix and blend well.
- Now need to add ginger garlic paste in rice and mix the same with the rice: let the cook in a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil 4 cups of water (arrange water, double of the rice by quantity) in a separate pot.
- When water in pot starts boiling, pour it over the rice. Mix well.
- Add fresh lemon juice and salt in it.
- Now Stir well and add curry leaves for adding special flavor.
- Close the lid of the pot and cook in a low flame until entire water gets dried up.
- Now Transfer Ghee rice to a serving plate: garnish the platter with fried onion, cashews, and raisins.