How to fry cabbage with ghee is easy to understand.
It is a frying recipe. You are not right on the track if you have thought of full cabbage frying. But one point is obvious: ghee is a wise Choice.
How to fry cabbage with ghee? If you are wondering about cabbage frying, at one point, you can make sure it is not like frying potatoes or eggplants. If you have to fry cabbage, you need to chop the cabbage leaves first, and then you have to sauté the veggie. But why ghee is a better oil here?
The benefits of cabbage fry with ghee recipe in the diet
Frying cabbage with ghee can be a delicious and nutritious dish with several potential benefits. Here are some of the advantages of preparing cabbage fry with ghee:
- Rich Flavor: Ghee imparts a rich and nutty flavor to the cabbage, making it more palatable and enjoyable for those who may not typically be fond of cabbage’s natural taste.
- Healthy Fats: Ghee is a source of healthy fats, particularly omega-3 fatty acids and butyric acid. These fats can provide energy and support brain health.
- Nutrient Retention: When cooked with ghee, cabbage retains more of its water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C and some B vitamins, compared to boiling or steaming, where these vitamins may leach into the water.
- Digestibility: Ghee is known for its digestibility. It contains no lactose or casein, making it suitable for people with lactose intolerance. It’s also said to have a soothing effect on the digestive system.
- Antioxidants: Cabbage is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin C and phytonutrients, which help combat oxidative stress and minimize the risk of developing chronic diseases.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Both cabbage and ghee offer anti-inflammatory benefits, which can aid in reducing inflammation in the body and promote overall health.
- Weight Management: Cabbage is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a filling and nutritious addition to your diet. Ghee’s healthy fats can help satisfy your appetite.
- Low Carb Option: If you’re following a low-carb or keto diet, cabbage fry with ghee can be a suitable side dish as it’s low in carbohydrates.
- Versatile: This dish is versatile and can be customized with various spices and herbs, allowing you to cater to your taste preferences.
How to fry cabbage with ghee? Why ghee is a better option?
How to fry cabbage with ghee? You cannot conventionally fry cabbage. You have to make the leaves soft, which needs more sautéing than deep frying. But we describe the recipe, let’s know first why ghee is a better option.
- Ghee offers a high smoke point. Whether cooking cabbage by boing or steaming and sautéing, it is a high-temperature cooking recipe. Ghee offers better stability against high flame.
- The dairy oil is flavorsome. Pure ghee releases a nutty, feel-good aroma, adding a unique flavor to the fried cabbage recipe. Other than ghee, no other oil can offer this flavorsome twist in cooking.
- Ghee offers a rich, creamy texture. When frying or sautéing with ghee, the cabbage dish adopts a rich creamy feel. It looks good consistency, and it is good to eat.
- Ghee nutrition is the X-factor that makes ghee a luscious cooking oil. When cooking with ghee, you add a wide array of ghee benefits to your food, which is wellness boosters.
- Ghee is shelf-stable. You can store ghee in bulk in your kitchen. Cooking with ghee adds unique convenience to your food.
How to fry cabbage with ghee? Let’s check the recipe
How to fry cabbage with ghee? It is easy and not that time-consuming. Besides choosing a fresh and green cabbage, you must select good quality grass-fed ghee. Slicing cabbage finely needs extra culinary expertise; however, the recipe will be best cooked in a non-stick wok.
- green cabbage-1 small head about 2 1/2 lbs.
- Grass-fed ghee-2 tablespoons
- kosher salt-1 1/2 teaspoons
- black pepper-1/2 teaspoon, freshly ground
- apple cider vinegar-½ tablespoon (additional to taste)
- thyme-1 tablespoon chopped fresh (optional)
How to fry cabbage with ghee? How to cook?
- Cut the cabbage in half from its top over its core. Place them cut-side down on the cutting board, then slice it as thinly as possible up to the core so that you can create fine ribbons. Discard the core.
- Heat a large sauté pan or a similar heavy-bottomed pot and set the flame to medium-high heat. Add ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the cabbage, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté for 10-15 minutes, stirring sporadically, until the cabbage becomes tender and brown.
- If you leave the cabbage undisturbed for two minutes, ghee frying will develop brown caramelized bits, and ghee flavor increase.
- Remove the cabbage from the heat and add a dash of apple cider vinegar. Taste and add a bit of salt and pepper if needed. Sprinkle with thyme. Now serve and enjoy!
How to fry cabbage with ghee? It is a question that is answered in the recipe mentioned above. However, ghee cooking is always good for health and in terms of food safety. For the best food safety, it is always wise to use grass-fed ghee like Milkio Grass-fed ghee.
About Milkio grass-fed ghee:
Try Milkio grass-fed ghee, prepared in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients. Milkio grass-fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, or chemical preservatives.
Milkio grass-fed ghee products are verified as non-GMO. Milkio Foods, the leading grass-fed ghee manufacturer and exporter, produces them. The ghee is all-natural and offers an intense nutty feel-good aroma, rich, creamy texture, and additive-free quality, making it a superfood for the kitchen.
Milkio Ghee is a gluten, lactose, casein, carb, sugar, and chemical-free product safe for consuming lactose intolerants and casein sensitives. It is keto and paleo diet-friendly. Milkio ghee products do not contain artificial color, flavor, or preservatives.
Milkio ghee offers a high smoke point. It is shelf-stable dairy oil you can store in the kitchen at room temperature for up to 18 months from the manufacturing date. To buy Milkio ghee, you may order at the Milkio website.
If You Wish to partner with us to Import/Buy/Distribute/Trade Our Milkio Ghee products, or for developing Private label ghee products, or contract ghee manufacturing support, Please Feel Free To Contact Us Via Our Email, We Will Be In Touch With You Within the next 48 Hrs.