Baklava: the Arabian Pastry
Baklava is a yummy dessert, which offers its users an excellent savory test of syrup and chiseled texture of pure honey. The sweet pastry like dessert is easy to prepare and it takes little time to cook this delicious sweet Arabian dish at your smart kitchen. Originally Baklava is an Arabia dessert recipe but it is famous in western and Central Asian countries as well.
Ingredients needed for making the dish: (suitable for making 24-25 pieces)
- Frozen filo pastry sheets: 1 roll, properly thawed
- Milkio’s Ghee, melted: 125g
Items needed for making of the filling
- Pecan nuts: 300g, finely chopped
- Almonds: 300g, finely ground
- Sugar: ½ cup
- Cinnamon: 1 teaspoon grounded
For the syrup
- Water: 2 cups
- Sugar: 1 ½ cups
- Clove: 1 whole
- Lemon Juice: ½ a lemon
Instructions for making the dish:
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Now chop the nuts in a food processor.
- Now you need to mix pecan nuts, almonds, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Keep the mix aside.
- You need to remove carefully the filo pastry roll from the plastic sleeve.
- Now you need to use a pair of scissors or a sharp knife: you have to cut the sheets in half. If the sheets get drying, you need to cover the sheets with a damp towel.
- Take a pastry brush: brush the bottom and all the sides of a rectangular pan with melted Milkio’s Ghee.
- You have to start cooking by layering six sheets of filo: make sure that you have brushed each of the sides with melted Milkio’s Ghee.
- Add ½ of the nut mixture in an even layer. Gently pat it down with a wooden spatula to make it flat.
- Now continue the task of layering with another 6 sheets of filo.
- Add the residual nut mixture in an even layer. Top with the rest filo sheets.
- Before baking, make the top layer of filo flat and even, so that you can cut the pieces with better ease.
- Bake the pastries for about 45 minutes or until the filo pastry gets rich golden color.
Making the syrup
- Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan and mix well.
- Add the clove in the mix and simmer the water sugar mix over a medium high heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and discard the clove. Add half a lemon’s juice into the syrup. Allow the syrup to cool marginally.
- Meanwhile the baklava baking will be done and they will be still in warm condition: now scoop the syrup carefully into the pan where baklavas are kept.
You may store Baklava in refrigerator as well as you may store them in room temperature.
Now enjoy the dessert with your friends and family: Milkio’s Ghee will add a special test with its pure quality in this UAE special dessert.
Reference Links :