Baba Ghannouj (Eggplant Dip) with Milkio 100% Pure Ghee
Baba Ghannouj is a tasty and healthy eggplant recipe, which is easy to cook and serve. In Jordan, Palestine, Syria, as well as in Lebanon, baba ghanouj recipe is made of eggplant blended with finely chopped onions, tomatoes, and other vegetables. The Egyptian type is made of baked, peeled, and mashed eggplant, mingled with tahini, garlic, salt, and lemon juice.
- 1 large eggplant,
- Garlic: 2- 3 cloves,
- Tahini: 60 4 Tablespoons,
- Lemon juice: 4 Tablespoons,
- Salt, red pepper: as needed,
- Milkio’s pure ghee,
- Parsley: chopped,
- Slices of red bell pepper to garnish.
Instructions: How to cook
- Cook the Eggplant in a hot oven or on a fork over the flame on a gas stove. Or preheat oven at 375 degree Celsius.
- Puncture the eggplant with a fork on several points in its body and place the eggplant on the grill rack 5 to 6 inches away from the fire. Take 1 teaspoon Milkio’s cow ghee and smear the ghee on the eggplant.
- When the eggplant gets well cooked and the skin gets blackened, now drench it with cold water, and slowly peel and chop it into small pieces after removing the black skin.
- Mash two or three cloves of garlic to a paste with pinch of salt.
- Add eggplant, mash it to a smooth consistency and blend the Tahina and lemon juice in it to make the Arab type of this dish; skip the Tahina for following Turkish convention.
- Serve in a bowl with 2 teaspoon Milkio’s pure ghee on top and garnish with chopped parsley, red pepper slices, and sprinkling of red pepper.
- Serve in room temperature.