How To Use Ghee For Skin?
To use ghee for skin, take 10 ounces of ghee and mix with sufficient water. Add fresh water and continue mixing. Repeat this many times till the ghee turns into white with a butter like consistency. This can act as a natural moisturizer, relieves burning sensation, wounds, chicken pox scars, can be applied around umbilicus for excessive bleeding in pregnant women.
It is a common notion that ghee is used only orally. But in Ayurveda, ghee is extensively used for skin care. A special but very simple ghee preparation is used in many skin conditions like burns, wound scars, skin marks, burning sensation etc.
How To Use Ghee For Skin?
This ghee remedy is called as Shata dhauta ghrita in Ayurveda.
Shata = 100
Dhauta = washed with water
Ghrita = ghee or clarified butter
What You Need?
- Ghee – 10 ounces
- Water – sufficient quantity.
In this home remedy of ghee for skin care, we can add ghee with an equal quantity of water. Mix it thoroughly by hand or a machine for 3 – 5 minutes, letting out the water. Add more fresh water and continue mixing. This process is repeated as many times as possible. In Ayurveda, it is advised to repeat the procedure 100 times. But in practice, it is usually done for 20 – 30 times.
Benefits Of Ghee For Skin
How to use ghee for skin care? Ghee is commonly used in Indian and Middle Eastern cooking, but it has several potential benefits for the skin:
- Moisturization: Ghee is rich in fatty acids and is an excellent natural moisturizer. It helps hydrate the skin, making it softer and smoother. Applying ghee to dry or rough areas can provide relief from dry skin.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Ghee contains anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe irritated or inflamed skin. When applied topically, it may relieve conditions like eczema, psoriasis, or sunburn.
- Antioxidants: Ghee contains antioxidants, such as beta-carotene and vitamin E, which safeguard the skin from oxidative stress and environmental damage. This can contribute to a healthier complexion and minimizes premature aging signs like fine lines and wrinkles.
- Healing Properties: Ghee has been used traditionally to aid in wound healing and reduce the unwanted visibility of scars. Its rich fatty acid content can help regenerate damaged skin tissue.
- Nourishment: Ghee is believed to nourish the skin from within when consumed. Its healthy fats and fat-soluble vitamins can improve the skin’s health and appearance.
- Natural Cleanser: Ghee can be used as a natural cleanser to remove makeup and impurities. Its oil-soluble properties effectively dissolve dirt and oil, leaving the skin clean and refreshed.
- Lip Balm: Ghee can be applied to chapped lips to soothe and moisturize them. It creates a protective wall against harsh weather conditions.
- Massage Oil: You can use ghee as a natural therapeutic massage oil, helping to improve blood circulation and relax the skin. It’s often used in Ayurvedic massages to promote overall well-being.
- Lip Scrub Base: When mixed with sugar or honey, ghee can be used as a natural lip scrub. It helps exfoliate dead skin cells and reveal smoother lips.
- Glowing Skin: Some people believe that regular consumption of ghee can contribute to a natural, healthy glow to the skin, although individual results may vary.
How to use ghee for skin care? It’s essential to remember that while ghee has potential benefits for the skin, everyone’s skin is different. It’s a good practice to perform a patch test before applying ghee or any new skincare product to a larger area of your skin to ensure you don’t have an adverse reaction.
Additionally, consult a dermatologist or skincare professional for personalized advice and treatment options if you have specific skin concerns or conditions.
Simple home remedies of ghee for skin care and cure
Ghee can be used in simple home remedies for skincare and various skin concerns. Here are some easy ghee-based treatments:
Moisturizing Face Mask: How to use ghee for skin care?
- Mix a teaspoon of ghee with a teaspoon of pure honey.
- Apply the mix to your face and then allow it to sit on the skin for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- This moisturizing mask can help hydrate and soften your skin.
- Lip Balm:
- Apply a small amount of ghee to chapped or dry lips.
- Gently massage it in to moisturize and soothe your lips.
- Use it as a natural lip balm throughout the day.
- Dry Skin Relief: How to use ghee for skin care?
- Warm a small amount of ghee in your hands.
- Apply it to dry or rough skin areas, such as elbows, knees, and heels.
- Massage gently to help hydrate and soften the skin.
- Scar Reducing Treatment:
- Mix ghee with a pinch of turmeric to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to spots or blemishes and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- Over time, this may reduce the appearance of scars.
- Under-Eye Cream: How to use ghee for skin care?
- Apply a tiny amount of ghee to the area under your eyes.
- Gently massage in a circular motion before bedtime.
- This can help moisturize the delicate skin under your eyes and reduce puffiness.
- Glowing Skin Treatment: how to use ghee for skin care?
- Mix a teaspoon of ghee with a pinch of saffron strands.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- This remedy may help improve skin complexion and add a natural glow.
- Natural Makeup Remover:
- Use ghee as a gentle makeup remover.
- Apply a small amount to a cotton pad or ball and wipe away makeup.
- Rinse your face with water afterward.
- Sunburn Relief: How to use ghee for skin care?
- Mix ghee with aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture to sunburned areas for soothing relief.
- The combination can help reduce redness and discomfort.
- Cuticle Softener: How to use ghee for skin cure?
- Apply ghee to your cuticles and nails.
- Massage gently to soften cuticles and strengthen nails.
- Massage Oil: How to use ghee for skin care?
- Warm ghee slightly and use it as a massage oil.
- Massage your body with ghee to promote relaxation and moisturize your skin.
Legal disclaimer: How to use ghee for skin care? Always ensure that your ghee is pure and free from additives or preservatives. Before trying any new skincare remedy, please try a patch test to check for any adverse reactions and discontinue use if you experience any irritation or allergies.
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee
Try Milkio grass-fed ghee, prepared in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients. Milkio grass-fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, or chemical preservatives.
Milkio grass-fed ghee products are verified as non-GMO. Milkio Foods, the leading grass-fed ghee manufacturer and exporter, produces them. The ghee is all-natural and offers an intensely nutty, feel-good aroma, rich, creamy texture, and additive-free quality, making it a superfood for the kitchen.
Milkio Ghee is a gluten, lactose, casein, carb, sugar, and chemical-free product safe for consuming lactose intolerants and casein sensitives. It is keto and paleo diet-friendly. Milkio ghee products do not contain artificial color, flavor, or preservatives.
Milkio ghee offers a high smoke point. It is shelf-stable dairy oil you can store in the kitchen at room temperature for up to 18 months from manufacturing. To buy Milkio ghee, you may order at the Milkio website.
If You Wish to partner with us to Import/Buy/Distribute/Trade Our Milkio Ghee products, or for developing Private label ghee products, or contract ghee manufacturing support, Please Feel Free To Contact Us Via Our Email, We Will Be In Touch With You Within the next 48 Hrs.