Ghee is made from
Ghee is made from milk. We all know that. But if we close to view the ghee raw material, it will be seen that ghee is made of milk butter, and butter is made from milk. For making cultured ghee, ghee manufacturers use cultured butter.
Now the question may arise how the raw material plays a critical role in ghee’s quality assurance.
The role of dairy farming
Animal welfare and stress-free cattle
Dairy technology has progressed a lot, and the views of cattle grooming have changed radically due to different types of dairy studies on dairy farm organizations. It is researched and proven that dairy farms that look after animal welfare produce better milk as the yield. How is animal care taken?
- Cattle are allowed to graze in the open green pastures.
- Cows and sheep are fed on green grass and grass-based fodders.
- Cattle are allowed to lead a stress-free life, and that improves the quality of milk produced.
According to dairy science, animals maintained in organic dairy farms can produce better quality milk, which is more nutrition-rich than conventional grain-fed cattle (cows and sheep).
Grass-fed ghee is made from an organic dairy farm yield, and hence grass-fed ghee is a more nutrition-rich dairy product. According to dairy research, grass-fed cow ghee contains at least 5 times more CLA, or conjugated linoleic acid, and butyric acid than grain-fed ghee.
Climate plays a vital role in the quality of ghee’s raw material
Apart from animal treatment, temperate climate, adequate rainfall, lack of draught, and better breeding breed also contribute to the higher quality of produced ghee. The location of the dairy and the purity of the raw materials are related to each other, and that impacts the quality of the produced dairy.
Organic dairy product impacts of ghee’ shelf–life
Organic milk is toxin and impurities-free. Milk-producing animals are never treated with antibiotics, steroids, and hormonal injections. The milk gets sterilized at higher temperatures (285 degrees F) than regular milk. It enhances the shelf-life of organic milk or organic milk-butter-produced dairy. It is the way the source like ghee is made from is related to ghee quality.
Different raw ingredients for making ghee
Four (4) types of raw ingredients are used for making ghee. These are
- Regular unsalted milk-butter for making usual quality ghee.
- Grass-fed milk butter is used for making grass-fed ghee.
- Grass-fed organic milk butter is used for making grass-fed organic ghee.
- Grass-fed organic cultured butter is used for making grass-fed organic cultured ghee.
If you want to check the raw ingredients ghee is made from, you need to count on these ingredients. However, quality maintenance is one of the primary requisites for the production of ghee.
While buying ghee, you must purchase ghee produced from authentic sources. For example, New Zealand ghee offers quality and safety in food production and traceability and complete compliance to the best food quality for all dairy products.
Why New Zealand?
“New Zealand is favored by nature when it comes to making milk, with a climate, soils, and abundant water that create a perfect environment for growing grass. Our cows can access pasture year-round, meaning space to roam and follow their natural inclinations to be outdoors. Our geography means New Zealand is free from many pests and diseases, supporting healthy cows and allowing us to farm with a lighter hand.
The spirit of dairying in New Zealand is the spirit of ingenuity. From our milk, we create more than 1500 products and product specifications, and thanks to generations of adventurous and creative dairy people, these products can be found in all corners of the planet. Our inventiveness has led to the creation of products, such as whey protein for specialized nutrition needs that support the wellbeing of consumers.”
Source: NZ story
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee:
Milkio Grass-fed ghee is made from 100% grass-fed cow milk butter. For making cultured grass-fed ghee, only cultured grass-fed butter is used, and it is a high aroma product. Milkio ghee is a natural product, and it is free of lactose, casein, and gluten. The purity of Milkio grass-fed ghee is certified by The USDA. It is a non-GMO and organic certified ghee certified by BioGro, New Zealand.
Milkio grass-fed ghee offers a high smoke point. The ghee is suitable for high-temperature cooking like baking, sautéing, roasting, and deep-frying. As Milkio ghee is made from mostly healthy saturated fat, the fatty acids stand for various health benefits. Some of the Milkio ghee health benefits are:
- It boosts improved immunity.
- It may contribute to healthy weight loss. It is a tested dietary solution for weight loss as recommended by the Keto diet.
- Ghee takes care of brain health and promotes good eye vision.
- It promotes bone health and flexibility of joints.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- Butyrate in ghee ensures colon care and promotes regular bowel improvement.
- The dairy oil maintains hydration level in the body and keeps skin and hair healthy with anti-aging treatment.
- Milkio Grass-fed ghee is lactose and casein-free. That makes it a suitable dairy oil for Keto followers: Keto users can use the ghee recipes.
- Milkio frays-fed ghee is Halal and kosher certified.
Now Milkio ghee is available for online and offline purchases. To know more details on Milkio Grass-fed ghee and the particulars concerning online shopping counters, please click here Milkio
- What is ghee made from? The critical roles of ghee raw material
- How is Ghee made: the grass-fed Ghee-making secret is finally exposed?
- What is Ghee made of: the reasons grandma always loved it?