Ghee clarified butter difference
Ghee clarified butter difference lies in its method of preparation. Unsalted butter is subjected to heat to remove the moisture component and milk solids, leaving clarified butter. Clarified butter is left to cook for a longer duration, and the proteins turn golden brown. Now, you can strain the liquid called ghee that is rich in aroma.
Ghee Clarified butter differences are very few.
- Provenance & Availability – Ghee originated in India, and it is a popular part of South Asian cuisine. It is widely being sold in grocery stores. Clarified butter, on the contrary, made its origins in France and requires home preparation.
- Smoke point – Clarified butter, unlike regular butter, has a high smoke point. Ghee can be associated with Indian cooking and culture. Butter devoid of milk solids and water components gives us clarified butter.
- Taste – Ghee takes more cooking time in comparison to clarified butter. It is why ghee has a nuttier flavor.
- Storage – Clarified butter can be stored for three months on the kitchen shelf and up to 1 year if refrigerated. Ghee can last in good condition in an airtight glass jar for 18 months.
- Culinary uses – Clarified butter is used in pan-frying, cooking, sautéing, and making delicious Italian and seafood. Ghee is commonly associated with Indian culture. Ayurvedic medicine gives a lot of importance to ghee for the nutritional value it holds.
Ghee clarified butter difference is not very striking. Ghee has 99-100% pure fat, and it gets clarified by removing water content and milk solids. Note that ghee has a high smoke point than butter. It is apt for sautéing and cooking above a low temperature. One of the ghee clarified butter differences is its texture. Clarified butter is semi-liquid, whereas ghee is of semi-solid consistency.
Milko’s organic grass-fed ghee is packed with health benefits. Ghee is a better choice for those who are casein and lactose-sensitive. Ghee is instrumental in reducing gut inflammation, boosts the intake of Vitamin A, supports heart health, and takes control of obesity. It is a pure New Zealand product produced with the finest raw ingredients and deep dairy expertise of New Zealand people.
Why New Zealand?
New Zealand is favored by nature when making milk, with a climate, soils, and plentiful water that generate an ideal environment for growing healthy grass.
New Zealand cows can access open pasture year-round, meaning space to roam and follow their natural affinity outdoors. The spirit of dairying in New Zealand is the spirit of ingenuity. The NZ dairy industry creates more than 1500 products & Milkio ghee is one of these products made with deep dairy practice.
About Milkio Grass fed ghee
Milkio Grass fed ghee is made in New Zealand and offers its consumers 100% grass fed goodness. It is a USDA-approved dairy product for its 100% purity. Milkio grass fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives. It is a butterfly-marked non-GMO certified product (by Non-GMO Project Verified, USA) and an organic certified dairy product by BioGro, New Zealand. You can trust Milkio grass fed ghee products.