Ghee Bread is soft, delicious, and nutritious. Ghee bread is rich in ghee nutrition. Ghee bread is a tasty staple as ghee is highly rich in omega-3 (DHA) and omega-6(CLA), ghee aids in weight loss quite efficiently. Furthermore, omega-6 has contributed to gaining lean body mass while reducing fat body mass.
Well, ghee bread is an excellent side dish to get some nutrition. If you are a culinary enthusiast, who wishes to bake/make ghee bread at home, keep on reading.
- All-purpose flour: 3 cups
- Water: 1 1/4 cups
- Active Dry Yeast: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Powdered sugar: 1/2 cup
- Cardamoms: 2
- Milkio Ghee: 2-3 tbsp
- Take a small bowl. Put 1teaspoon active dry yeast of good quality in the bowl.
- Take 1 1/4 cup of lukewarm water. Dissolve 1 tbsp sugar in it. Make sure that the temperature of the water is not too cold or too hot.
- Pour this water in the bowl of yeast
- Keep it aside untouched for 5 minutes
- Once you see the yeast looking frothy or cloudy, you’ll know that it’s all set to be used.
- Take a big bowl. Mix 3 cups of all-purpose flour, salt, ½ cup powdered sugar, and cardamom. Mix it well.
- Pour the yeast water into the big bowl.
- Stir thoroughly so that the dough does not look sticky.
- Next, add Milkio grass-fed ghee to the dough and knead well. Make sure the dough is soft and a bit sticky.
- Next, take a wet kitchen cloth and cover the dough bowl. Allow it to rest for one hour in a warm place.
- Later, you’ll notice the dough getting doubled its size.
- Next, punch the dough to deflate it. Knead it once again.
- Next, put the dough in a non-stick/ greased bread pan. Cover it with a wet cloth. Let it sit for 30-40 minutes again.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven (150 degrees Celsius)
- Place the pan inside the range. Bake for 40-45 minutes. As the crust gets golden, you are done! Now allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Voila! Your ghee bread is ready.