Ghee ingredients are the reason behind ghee nutrition and all ghee health benefits. However, ghee’s ingredients may change depending on the animal’s type and breed, location of ghee manufacturing, and diet of the dairy cattle. Before describing the ghee and its ingredients, let’s examine how the allied factors impact the ghee ingredients.
Ghee ingredients and animal category
Ghee is cooked from milk butter or milk cream. Usually, cow milk is the most popular ghee variant. Still, there is a market for buffalo ghee, sheep ghee, infused ghee. In Middle East countries, camel milk made is also in use. The ghee nutritional profile for all these ghee variants varies slightly from each other.
For example, grass-fed cow ghee and sheep ghee contains almost the same ghee ingredients, but sheep ghee contains more calcium than cow ghee.
Locational advantage on ghee ingredients
If dairy cattle are allowed to roam around stress-free, and they are not kept confined, the cattle’s milk quality gets a hike. For example, the pristine and temperate environment of New Zealand plays a significant role in making dairy farming a legacy. It is found that New Zealand milk and New Zealand ghee quality is always the best, where location is rendering a positive impact.
The feed of the animal: A deciding factor for ghee’s quality
The feed quality of ruminates is one of the deciding factors for the milk quality these animals provide. It is a researched fact that cattle fed n green grass or grass-based fodders can offer you the best quality milk with more nutrients than the milk procured by grain–fed ruminates.
Grass-fed cows and sheep are fed with green grass and grass-based fodders mainly. In organic dairy farming, cattle are maintained on organic green grass, which gets cultivated without chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Animals under organic dairy framing are not treated with antibiotics, steroids, or hormonal medicines, making the milk quality natural, pure, and without the slightest trace of toxin residues.
Grass-fed milk contains a higher quantity of nutrients. The milk butter produced using grass-fed milk holds more nutrients than regular butter produced from the grain-fed dairy milk. For a similar reason, grass-fed ghee is counted as one of the best premium-quality ghee dairy products.
Ghee ingredients: ghee nutrition
Ghee contains mostly healthy saturated fats. It is calculated that if we take 100 grams of ghee, it contains 99% fat, and out of that total fat, 62% is saturated fats.
100grams of pure ghee contains Monosaturated fats 28.7 grams and polyunsaturated fats 3.7 grams
The saturated fat content of ghee is called health because it contains some health-friendly fatty acids, which are friendly for the heart, and they are capable of offering some unique health benefits to ghee users. Some of the main fatty acid, which are premium ghee ingredients, are:
- Alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid: the fatty acid supports heart health and promotes brainpower, eyesight and also offers support for natural weight loss.
- Docosahexaenoic (DHA) fatty acid: DHA is an omega-3 fat that contributes to the improvement of cardinal health. It provides nutritional support for chronic patients like Alzheimer’s disease, depression, inflammatory illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Conjugated Linoleic acid (CLA) is an omega-6 fatty acid is an MCT that helps in weight loss and controlling the benefits of diabetes type 2. It also aids in improving lean mass in the body.
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) fatty acid helps control harmful cholesterol in the body. It also improves heart health, immunity power of the body and helps in losing obesity-related body weight.
- The butyric fatty acid is a short-chain fatty acid that helps in reducing internal inflammation in the body, flushes toxins out of the body, and regularizes bowel movement. It helps in maintaining a healthy gut.
- Some amount of Oleic Acid is found in ghee. It contributes to the shelf-friendliness of ghee and stability of ghee as a safe oil against high-temperature cooking.
Apart from fatty acids, pure grass-fed ghee contains some fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin A, D, E, and K. The dairy product contains some antioxidants too.
Why New Zealand?
“New Zealand is a great source of dairy for a sustainable diet. With our natural advantages and unique combination of values as a country – care, ingenuity, and integrity – New Zealand is ideally suited to making one of the essentials of a healthy diet – MILK.
New Zealand is favored by nature when it comes to making milk, with a climate, soils, and abundant water that create a perfect environment for growing grass. Our cows can access pasture year-round, meaning space to roam and follow their natural inclinations to be outdoors. Our geography means New Zealand is free from many pests and diseases, supporting healthy cows and allowing us to farm with a lighter hand.”
Source: NZ story
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee:
Milkio grass-fed ghee is a New Zealand product, and it is cooked from 100% grass-fed green grass-fed cow milk butter. Milkio grass-fed organic ghee does not contain synthetic color flavor or chemical preservative in terms of ghee ingredients. The ghee is 100% pure, and its purity is certified by the USDA. Milkio grass-fed ghee is Halal and kosher certified and Keto and Paleo-diet friendly.
Milkio grass-fed ghee does not contain gluten, sugar, or carbohydrate. The ghee is prepared using the authentic Creamery Butter Method. Hence, in terms of ghee ingredients, it is free of lactose and casein. Milkio Ghee is a certified non-GMO product. Its non-GMO and organic claim is certified by BioGro, New Zealand.
Milkio grass-fed ghee offer high smoking point and that makes it a safe oil for high-temperature cooking. The ghee is shelf-friendly. You can store it for 12-18 months from the manufacturing date without refrigeration support.
Milkio Foods Limited is the manufacturer of Milkio Grass-fed ghee. This premium quality ghee is available now on eBay and Etsy for the easy purchase of US customers. For other purchase availability of Milkio Ghee, please Click here Milkio.
- Ghee cake recipe, ingredients, and everything you must know
- Ghee butter benefits: 7 unique Health Benefits of a dairy Superfood