Mushroom ghee roast is an easy to prepare recipe where you can combine the nutrition of mushroom and ghee, the superfood. As it is a roasting recipe, the ghee smoking point advantage plays a lead role here in maintaining the standard of food safety and the texture of the cooked dish.
Mushroom ghee roast: Why is ghee the best cooking oil here?
Mushroom ghee roast is a popular dish. It is a vegetarian recipe that is high in plant protein. With ghee cooking, the formula becomes tasty and wholesome.
Roasting recipes are high-temperature cooking methods where oils with a high smoke point always fit in. If you use ghee in this recipe, you can expect the following ghee benefits.
- Ghee offers a high smoke point, which is higher than any other cooking oil. Ghee’s smoking point is 485 degrees Fahrenheit. When used for roasting, ghee acts stable and offers better food safety.
- In the mushroom ghee roast recipe, ghee adds a pleasing flavor and ensures a pleasant aroma. The rich, creamy texture of ghee improves the consistency of the dish.
- Ghee is high in nutritional potency. When combining mushroom nutrition and ghee power of food, you can be happy about the taste and the healthy strength.
- It is convenient to store ghee in the kitchen at room temperature. In comparison to other oil and fats, ghee is more shelf friendly.
The mushroom ghee roast recipe is easy to cook, and it does not take much time to prepare the ingredients. Let’s check here the ingredients and the cooking process step by step.
The mushroom ghee roast: how to cook
If you want to cook Mushroom ghee roast, you need to buy/arrange the ingredients together. Let’s check the ingredients first.
Button mushrooms-400 grams, cut into quarters.
(For the marinade)
- Yogurt-4-5 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice-1 tablespoon
(For the ghee roast masala)
- Red Chilies-6 Dry
- Whole Black Peppercorns-1 teaspoon
- Cloves -2
- Fenugreek Seeds-1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds -1 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds-2 teaspoon
- Garlic-6 cloves
- Tamarind Paste-1 tablespoon
- Milkio grass-fed Ghee-2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves-2 sprig
- Jaggery-2 teaspoons
- Salt, to taste
- To start making the Mushroom Ghee Roast Recipe, we must marinate the mushrooms.
- To marinate the mushrooms, take a mixing bowl, and combine the mushrooms, the yogurt, turmeric powder, and fresh lemon juice. Mix well and keep aside for at least 40 minutes.
- To make the ghee roast masala, heat a skillet on medium flame, and add the dry red chilies, peppercorns, cloves, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, and cumin seeds.
- Dry roast for 5-6 minutes, or till the aroma of the spices gets released into the air.
- Turn off the flame and allow the spices to cool down.
- Take the mixer jar; add the roasted spices, garlic cloves, and tamarind paste. Now grind the mix into a smooth paste. You may use some water.
- Transfer the ghee roast masala into a bowl and set aside.
- To make the Mushroom Ghee Roast, heat a wok on medium flame & add the ghee. Once the ghee gets melted, add the curry leaves.
- When the curry leaves start spluttering, add the marinated mushrooms with the marinade and keep on cooking on medium-high flame.
- The mushrooms will release lots of water; allow the water to cook until the water gets evaporated, and the mushrooms are well done.
- Now add salt, the freshly ground ghee roast masala, and jaggery and toss it into the mushrooms.
- Keep cooking the Mushroom Ghee Roast spices for 1-2 minutes and turn off the flame. Check the salt and spices and fine-tune the taste.
Mushroom ghee roast is tasty and nutritious. Always use grass-fed ghee like Milkio grass-fed ghee. Besides the food safety of the oil, the dish will release the pleasant aroma of ghee.
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee:
Try Milkio grass-fed ghee, which is prepared in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients. Milkio grass-fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives.
Milkio grass-fed ghee products are verified as non-GMO. Milkio Foods, the leading grass-fed ghee manufacturer and exporter, produces them. The ghee is all-natural and offers an intense nutty feel-good aroma, rich, creamy texture, and additive-free quality, making it a superfood for the kitchen.
Milkio Ghee is gluten, lactose, casein, carb, sugar, and chemical-free product safe for consuming lactose intolerants and casein sensitives. It is keto and paleo diet-friendly. Milkio ghee products do not contain artificial color, flavor, or preservatives.
Milkio ghee offers a high smoke point. It is shelf-stable dairy oil you can store in the kitchen at room temperature for up to 18 months from the manufacturing date. To buy Milkio ghee, you may order at the Milkio website.
If You Wish to partner with us to Import/Buy/Distribute/Trade Our Milkio Ghee products, or for developing Private label ghee products, or contract ghee manufacturing support, Please Feel Free To Contact Us Via Our Email, We Will Be In Touch With You Within the next 48 Hrs.