How to make ghee out of butter?
It is a common query by ghee enthusiasts who want to try this dairy delicacy making at home to get quality ghee. If you use quality ingredients, homemade food items do not carry problems such as poor quality as you can control the whole process.
However, the best part about turning butter into ghee is that ghee is much healthier and flavorful. Although ghee is traditionally made from yogurt prepared by cooking milk, the process may be complex for some. Preparing ghee from butter is one of the easiest ways to make ghee at home.
The process of making ghee from butter
To how to make ghee from butter, you would first need high-quality butter. It is advisable to use unsalted and grass butter for the process. For those wondering how to make ghee out of butter, here are a few simple steps in which you can follow:
- Take a pot and place about a pound of butter in it. Start to heat up the pot at a low temperature.
- After a while, the butter would melt and separate into three different layers. The top layer consists of foam, which would splutter as a result of the evaporating water.
- Use a spoon to skim off this foam every time it builds up. The layer underneath would still carry the solid yellow color of butter.
- Eventually, the foam would become clear bubbles. This indicates that the butter is starting to turn into ghee.
- The middle layer of the ghee would become translucent at this point. This is because the milk solids start to separate, leaving the butterfat as a layer.
- Once the middle layer turns transparent, you notice a layer of milk solids sticking at the bottom of the pot as sludge.
- The ghee would be ready in about 25 to 30 minutes, and it is then time to turn off the heat. Allow the ghee to settle and cool down.
- Strain the transparent layer of ghee into a glass container, leaving out the milk solids. Upon cooling, the ghee will turn into an opaque golden-brown color.
This is how to make ghee out of butter, and it is indeed quite easy. You may now consume the ghee or use it in cooking. If stored away from sunlight for long, homemade ghee would have a lifespan of about two months. However, you may extend this to a year by storing the ghee in the refrigerator.
How to make ghee out of butter: homemade vs. readymade ghee
Now, you know how to make ghee out of butter, you may either use homemade ghee or purchase ghee from the store. But making ghee at home is an extensive process and you don’t have any idea about the quality of butter as raw ingredients.
If you want to buy the best quality grass-fed ghee for your use, Milkio Grass-fed ghee Amazon products are one of the best options in your hand.
Milkio ghee is Pure New Zealand made and the yield of organic farming and deep dairy expertise.
“Our milk comes from a good place. Trust in the quality and safety of New Zealand dairy products stems from our integrity as a country. New Zealand is open and transparent, and has earned trust the world over. New Zealand’s robust regulatory framework has built global confidence in our food safety and quality.” Source: NZ Story
To buy Milkio grass-fed ghee, you may place your order at
Read More Articles: