Ghee rice recipe Kerala style
This ghee rice recipe Kerala style is simple and quick to prepare recipe and is a popular choice for special occasions such as family gatherings or parties. Rice flavored with spices, dried fruits, and ghee has a distinct fragrance. Some spicy side dish or vegetable curry goes well with this.
Why NEW ZEALAND DAIRY INDUSTRY?
Milk and milk products are highly nutritious and one of the most digestible sources of protein, providing essential building blocks for a healthy diet for young and old. As one of the few large dairy exporting countries, New Zealand plays a vital role in global nutritional security.
Source: NZ story
Ghee rice is a high-calorie, delicious vegetarian dish. One serving of ghee rice recipe Kerala style contains about 225 calories, with carbohydrates (rice) accounting for 141 calories, nuts and other ingredients accounting for 12 calories, and the remaining calories coming from ghee fat for 71 calories.
Ghee rice is quick and easy to prepare a dish that can be ready in 30-40 minutes. Ingredients are also easy to come by and can be found all around the world. Here is the recipe for you to follow-
- Soak basmati rice for at least 15 minutes.
- In a pot, melt the ghee. Cook the cashews until they are golden brown. Set aside for now.
- Fry sliced onions in the same pan until tuens golden brown. Set aside for now.
- If necessary, add ghee to the same tub—Fry for a minute with the bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, garlic, and peppercorns. Add the ginger and cook for another minute. Fry the sliced onions until they become transparent.
- After draining the water from the rice, return it to the pan with the soaked rice. 1 tsp ghee, fry for 1 minute
- Add the salt and water now. Mix well. Close the lid and continue to cook the rice until it is cooked.
- Garnish the rice with cashews and fried onions until it’s cooked. Serve hot. Your ghee rice recipe Kerala style is prepared.
Milkio ghee is made from 100% grass-fed cow milk. It is 100% pure and USDA-certified. Milkio ghee is Organic and Non-GMO certified by BioGro, New Zealand. This ghee is ideal for Paleo, Ketogenic, LCHF, and other low-carb, whole food diets.