Ghee cake, also known as clarified butter cake, is a convenient and straightforward cake to make. It’s a cake that’s super fluffy, spongy, moist, and delicious. Cake baked using ghee is much more delicious and rich in flavor compared to traditional cakes. Ghee acts as a natural taste booster and brings the most amazing taste to your cake.
Why use ghee for making a cake?
Ghee can be used in a variety of ways in the kitchen. It’s an easy substitution for any oil or butter. Ghee may be used as an oil substitute in baking, but since it has a lower moisture content, the amounts will need to be changed. The nutty flavor and its compelling aroma make it the perfect item for baking; that is why the cake is the most delicious recipe of all. It also provides you several health benefits under that tasty crusts of bread with a mouthwatering taste.
Here’s a ghee cake recipe you must try at home-
All-purpose flour – 2 cups
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Eggs – 2 large
Salt – ¼ tsp
Ghee – 1 ½ cups and almost 2 tbsp for brushing the cake
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla powder – ½ tsp
- Sieve all-purpose flour three times with baking powder, then set it aside.
- In a blender, powder the sugar and slat it into a large mixing bowl. Beat in the molten ghee with only a wooden spoon till the composition becomes creamy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then blend in the fresh cream and milk thoroughly. Finally, gently mix in the sifted all-purpose flour tablespoon by spoon.
- Toss the vanilla powder into the mix.
- Remove excess flour from a cake tin by greasing it and dusting it with flour. Take the container, pour the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°F and bake for 30 minutes. Place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool. To de-mold the cake, run a knife around the sides of the cake pan.
- Decorate ghee cake with whipping cream, chocolate, or cocoa powder as per your choice.
- Make sure to preheat the oven before using it.
- You must keep all ingredients at room temperature.
- Filter the flour a couple of times to have a good texture in the cake.
- When the cake is baking, please do not open the oven periodically to review it.
- For ghee cake making, be sure you use a cake pan that is the right size.
Why New Zealand
The New Zealand dairy industry has a long history as a trusted supplier of safe and sustainable dairy products, exporting for more than 170 years and to more than 130 different markets. We are known for our commitment to a strong global food system, open and free trade, and efficient supply chains, to ensure everyone has access to safe, affordable food.
Source: NZ story
Milkio ghee is 100% organic and perfect for baking ghee or preparing any other recipe. Milkio ghee is USDA-approved and Non-GMO certified by BioGro, New Zealand.