The difference between desi ghee and cow ghee is worth exploring.
The difference between desi ghee and cow ghee may be an arbitrary comparison. But there is a tweak between the lines. In the consumer market, hydrogenated oils are called desi ghee, which may look like ghee but is a quality-wise herbal product. So, there is a significant difference between both the products.
Difference between desi ghee and cow ghee: what are the major points?
The difference between desi ghee and cow ghee is a long discussion in which we must understand the advantages of ghee use and the shortcoming of using the so-called desi-ghee.
- Cow ghee is produced from cow milk butter. It is a vegetarian product, but it is a dairy product. Alternatively, the so-called desi ghee is an herbal product. The oils are produced from seeds, nuts, etc.
- Cow ghee is produced from cow milk butter using a slow cooking process of butter boiling. But herbal oils are extracted from seeds and nuts using a cold-pressed process. Ghee is a natural product, and vegetable oil or desi ghee is a chemical product.
- Cow ghee contains healthy fatty acids like CLA, butyrate, and omega-3 fatty acids. But hardly is there any herbal oil where all these beneficial fatty acids are available together.
- Due to the presence of fatty acids, ghee offers a higher smoke point than vegetable oils. For high-temperature cooking, ghee acts as a stable oil. With vegetable oil or Dalda ghee, this privilege is not available.
These are the fundamental difference between desi ghee and cow ghee. Cow ghee is a shelf-stable product and offers longer storage life. You don’t need to preserve the oil in the freezer, but vegetable oil or dalda ghee cannot be stored in the kitchen for long.
The Difference between desi ghee and cow ghee: why is ghee a better option?
Ghee’s nutrition level is anytime higher than vegetable oils. If you can practice moderation in use, ghee can offer you the following benefits: hardly any desi dalda ghee or herbal oil can match.
- Ghee is versatile. You can use ghee for cooking all types of recipes. Dalda ghee or desi ghee is not that versatile.
- You can use ghee as a healthy butter alternative. You can try ghee in all butter recipes as a substitute, but you cannot do vice versa. No vegetable oil or Dalda desi ghee can replace butter while cooking.
- Cow Ghee is healthy for regular consumption because it contains healthy saturated fats. But vegetable oil or dalda ghee contain trans-fats which are harmful to health.
- A significant difference between desi ghee and cow ghee is ghee’s flavor. Cow ghee offers a pleasant aroma, but dalda or vegetable oil does not emancipate any feel-good odor. Ghee can act as a natural taste enhancer, but vegetable oil or desi ghee cannot.
- High-temperature cooking methods like baking, roasting, and grilling are safely compatible with ghee due to the high smoke point of the dairy oil. Vegetable oil or dalda offers a lower smoke point than ghee and is not heat stable like this dairy oil. Oil safety is a premium difference between desi ghee and cow ghee.
Summing up: the difference between desi ghee and cow ghee
Now you know the difference between desi ghee and cow ghee. Desi ghee, dalda ghee, or vegetable oils are cheaper, but these are quality-compromised products. On the other hand, cow ghee is called a dairy elixir and the powerhouse of nutrition. If you want to enjoy all the ghee benefits, it is wise to go for grass-fed ghee, a quality dairy product with proven nutritional potency.
For instance, you may try Milkio grass-fed ghee for cooking and other culinary uses.
6 reasons grass-fed ghee is the best in the ghee category
Grass-fed ghee is often considered one of the best options within the ghee category due to its unique characteristics and potential health benefits. Here are six reasons why grass-fed ghee stands out:
- Nutrient-Rich Profile: Grass-fed ghee is derived from the milk of cows that graze on natural, nutrient-rich grasses. As a result, it tends to have a higher content of beneficial nutrients such as fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K), antioxidants like beta-carotene, and healthy fats like omega-3 fatty acids.
- Healthier Fatty Acid Profile: Ghee from grass-fed cows has a balanced ratio of omega-3, Omega-6 fatty acids compared to ghee from conventionally raised cows. This improved fatty acid profile can reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
- High Smoke Point: Grass-fed ghee has a high smoking point, making it suitable for various cooking methods, including high-temperature cooking and frying. It is less likely to break down or produce harmful compounds when exposed to heat.
- Lactose and Casein-Free: Through the clarification process, grass-fed ghee has the milk solids (lactose and casein) eliminated, making it suitable for lactose intolerant or sensitive to dairy proteins.
- Enhanced Flavor and Aroma: Grass-fed ghee is known for its rich, nutty, and buttery flavor that can boost the taste of a wide range of dishes, both sweet and savory.
- Traditional and Cultural Significance: Grass-fed ghee has a long history of use in traditional culinary practices, particularly in cultures like Ayurveda. It is appraised for its potential health benefits and positive impact on digestion, immunity, and overall well-being.
While grass-fed ghee offers several advantages, it’s vital to remember that dietary needs and preferences may vary from one person to another. Some individuals may prefer ghee from other sources, and there are various factors to consider when choosing the best option for you.
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee:
Try Milkio grass-fed ghee, prepared in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients. Milkio grass-fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives.
Milkio grass-fed ghee products are verified as non-GMO. The ghee is all-natural and offers an intense nutty feel-good aroma, rich, creamy texture, and additive-free quality, making it a superfood for the kitchen.
Milkio Ghee is a gluten, lactose, casein, carb, sugar, and chemical-free product safe for consuming lactose intolerants and casein sensitives. It is keto and paleo diet-friendly.
Milkio ghee offers a high smoke point. It is shelf-stable dairy oil you can store in the kitchen at room temperature for up to 18 months from manufacturing. To buy Milkio ghee, you may order at the Milkio website.
If You Wish to partner with us to Import/Buy/Distribute/Trade Our Milkio Ghee products, or for developing Private label ghee products, or contract ghee manufacturing support, Please Feel Free To Contact Us Via Our Email, We Will Be In Touch With You Within the next 48 Hrs.