Chicken Rendang with Milkio Pure Ghee
One of the most popular Indonesian Chicken dishes in Thailand and throughout Asia is Chicken Rendang. It is a “dry” curry dish, which means the sauce is smoldered down to a minimum. The preparation is so distilled that the sauce sticks to the meat and it makes this dish flavorful. Wide varieties of spices are used and that makes thee dish yummy and healthy. Here goes the recipe detail for your try in kitchen:
Ingredients for chicken marinating
- Chicken: 1.5 kg: cut into 12 pieces and washed with salt, rinsed well,
- Coconut milk: 250ml
- Water: 100ml
- Salt: at par taste.
Ingredient for preparing ground:
- Shallots: 4 cloves
- Garlic: 4 cloves
- Dry Chilies: 15 stalks
- Meat curry powder: 2 tablespoons
- Ginger: 1 thumb-size piece
- Tamarind paste: 3/4 ttablespoon
- Brown sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Dark soy sauce: 2 Teaspoon
- Fish sauce: 4 Tbsp.
- Turmeric: 1/2 tsp.
- Ground coriander: 1 heaping tablespoon.
- Ground cumin: 1 tablespoon.
- Cinnamon: 1 1/2 teaspoon.
- Nutmeg: 1/4 Teaspoon.
- Cloves: 1/4 Teaspoon.
- Lemongrass: 2 tablespoon fresh finely chopped
- Milkio’s Pure Cow Ghee: 3 tablespoons.
Instructions for the cooking
- Heat Milkio’s Pure Cow Ghee in the cooking pot.
- Once the ghee is heated, add all ground making ingredients in the ghee; slow down the flame and keep on sautéing.
- Once the ground becomes tender and seems half cooked, add chicken pieces, start stirring gently so that the mix gets blended evenly with low flame for 5-7 minutes. Then add meat curry powder, water and milk.
- Keep on stirring the rendang until the gravy gets slightly thickened.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Sprinkle with chopped turmeric leaves before serving your cooked Chicken Rendang. Sprinkle Milkio’s pure ghee 2 teaspoon as garnishing.
The quantity suggested here is sufficient for 4-6 people, and it takes 35-40 minutes to prepare the chicken recipe. Enjoy yummy Chicken rendang with Milkio’s pure Ghee: take care of your taste bud and digestive health at one go.
Reference Links :