How to Make Ghee from Unsalted Butter
How to Make Ghee from Unsalted Butter? For all you weight watchers out there, ghee is the ideal cooking fat. It’s a rich, full fat with a high smoking point that’s perfect for everything from sautéed vegetables to medium-rare steaks.
It’s lactose-free and a great substitute for olive oil and butter in salads and baked goods.
However, authentic ghee can be difficult to come by, and you’ll often have to pay more for it than it’s worth.
Interested in learning how to make ghee from unsalted butter at home? Here’s a quick 15-minute recipe for making the creamiest ghee on the cooktop.
Why NEW ZEALAND DAIRY INDUSTRY?
Our milk comes from a good place. Trust in the quality and safety of New Zealand dairy products stems from our integrity as a country. New Zealand is open and transparent and has earned trust the world over. New Zealand’s robust regulatory framework has built global confidence in our food safety and quality.
Source: NZ story
How to Make Ghee from Unsalted Butter: A Quick Step By Step Guidebook
- Start with heating the pan till medium-hot. Add cubed, quality, unsalted butter.
- Stir on medium-low flame until the butter melts, and keep stirring till the liquefied butter starts boiling.
- Simmer on low heat for fifteen minutes, and switch off the stove.
- Once cooled, strain the mixture to separate the milk solids, and save the fat.
Trouble-Shooting guide for how to make ghee from unsalted butter
- Why choose unsalted butter? You can make ghee from both salted and unsalted butter. But depending on the brand, salted butter can leave a crunchy and salty aftertaste. Unsalted butter eliminates this problem.
- For authentic-tasting ghee, the best starter is freshly churned butter, or organic, grass-fed cow milk butter.
- Use a heavy bottom pan to prevent the milk solids from burning.
- Make sure you don’t overheat the ghee once it starts boiling- as that can lead to a burnt aftertaste, thanks to the charred milk solids.
In conclusion, making ghee at home is simple & cost-effective, yet technique sensitive. A lot can go wrong. The good news is you can buy authentic organic grass-fed ghee at pocket-friendly rates from Milkio Foods- check Milkio
- Ghee From Unsalted Butter: Why It Is A Must For Your Diet?
- Can I clarify salted butter? Why you need to know.
- How to make ghee from salted butter: a helping guide