You can preserve ghee for a longer period than the regular butter provided you follow the right steps. They are as follows.
Keeping the ghee in the fridge or the cabinet is a good ghee storage option
For that, you will have to store ghee in the cabinet. Keep it in a closed container that will keep it air-tight. Putting ghee in the jar turns out to be the best idea. Store it in an airtight container to eliminate the chances of becoming stale. You can also cover the ghee with a proper lid. In case you notice the change in the appearance or the smell, discard it.
Why New Zealand?
The New Zealand dairy industry has a long history as a trusted supplier of safe and sustainable dairy products, exporting for more than 170 years and to more than 130 different markets. We are known for our commitment to a strong global food system, open and free trade, and efficient supply chains, to ensure everyone has access to safe, affordable food.
Source: NZ story
Tips that you must consider for ghee refrigerate
- Always make sure that the jar you’re using to store your ghee is airtight. Whenever you use ghee from it, use a clean spoon or ladder.
- Remember that ghee is better without lactose and casein. For longer shelf life, store it in glass-made container. Always cover it with the lid properly to escape the dust from entering.
- Always make sure that the cabinet is away from direct sunlight.
- Betel leaf or curry leaf can help keep the bacterial growth away. These leaves also increase the shelf life of the ghee.
- For the storage containers, always stick to using a dry spoon.
- Do not open the ghee container in presence of high heat or high humidity.
It’s essential to follow tips to store ghee for a longer time so that you can use them for a prolonged time without discarding it. Ghee from Milkio proves to be the best because of the high-grade ghee refrigerate standards they maintain.
You may try Milkio grass-fed ghee, which is 100% pure and its purity is USDA certified. You can store the ghee for 12-18 months from the date of manufacturing with the formality of ghee refrigerate.
- Should Ghee Be Refrigerated? Learn How to Store ghee properly
- Does ghee need to be refrigerated? It depends on your choice