Making ghee from milk
Ghee has a nutty, deep, and creamy texture. It also has some significant health benefits as it contains antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, and it also contains amino acids. It is suitable for cooking at high temperatures due to its high point. It is a staple in Indian dishes, and life would be incomplete without ghee’s taste in it. You know what? Above all, you can prepare it at your home using milk.
So let’s explore the recipe for making ghee from milk cream. Milk The cream is used for this purpose.
- Take full-fat milk cream (you can separate it from milk getting better results. As the more fats, the milk contains, the richer will be the texture of ghee. However, you can use toned milk, but it will not give that supreme quality of ghee.
- Pour the milk cream into a churner and churn it until it is converted into butter. The exact process can also be followed by using curd.
- Now, collect the formed butter and wash it off several times in ice-cold water. Now you have the unsalted form of dairy butter.
- Now, add the butter into a heavy bottom saucepan. Let the butter simmer on the gas for a while. Meanwhile, you take a big spoon or spatula to stir the butter slowly from the edges and the bottom. To make sure it doesn’t get burnt.
- Slowly, you will see foam or bubbles on the surface, medium the gas flame at this point. Stir the mixture once or twice every two & three minutes.
- Now, let the melted butter simmer on medium flame till you see milk solids separate and drown to the bottom of the pan. This will take 15 to 25 minutes. Do not stir the mixture too much at this point; start it after every 3 – 4 minutes.
- After 25 – 30 minutes, you will see while slowly stirring that all the milk solids will settle down. Above you will get a sparkling golden layer of transparent substance. That’s ghee; it is ready. Strain it using a filter to separate the milk solids from the fresh ghee. Isn’t it simple making ghee from milk?
I hope you liked the recipe. Do not forget to try this at your home. Making ghee from milk cream is super easy. Enjoy the delicious taste of homemade ghee.