How to make ghee from cow milk?
How to make ghee from cow milk? It is the most common question among food enthusiasts. With the increasing popularity of ghee due to its health benefits, people are eager to know its making process more than ever. The Best part is that the ghee-making process is very simple and straightforward.
Why New Zealand
“New Zealand is favored by nature when it comes to making milk, with a climate, soils, and abundant water that create a perfect environment for growing grass.”
Source: NZ story.
How to make ghee from cow milk: Step by step process
Well, making ghee at home is always fun; besides, you get to know how this super food is made. Before going into the process, you must understand that there are two different ways to make ghee. One uses the curd, and the other uses the cream; however, both originate from the same cow milk.
Using the curd
- First, boil the milk, so you can quickly turn it into curd.
- You need to churn the curd, and you can manually use a wooden churner or electric churner.
- While churning the curd, you can notice that the butter will be separated from the liquid buttermilk.
- Now filter out the buttermilk, collect the remaining part, which is unsalted butter, and put it in a pan for heating so that the milk solids parts get eliminated.
Making ghee using the milk cream
- First of all, you need to take the milk and put it in the refrigerator to collect the cream from the surface. Try to collect the cream for a few days until it’s enough and keep it in the fridge to spoil.
- Now mix it thoroughly, now put it in a container, and whip for a few minutes. While whipping, add some water and keep whipping until the milk gets separated into two parts –buttermilk and butter.
Heating and Boiling
- Now coming to the final and most important part of making ghee. Put the formed butter in a pan and start heating so the milk solids get separated from the mixture. You will see it turning golden yellow while milk solid containing lactose and casein settling down.
- Once it cooled down, strain the ghee using a filter or strainer and store the ghee in a jar.
Now you must know how to make ghee from cow milk; try to incorporate all these points during the process.
Milkio grass-fed ghee is 100% organic and the purest ghee you can ever get made in New Zealand. The country is globally praised for its high-quality dairy products.
- How to make ghee from cream? Know the step-by-step process
- How to make ghee from butter : ghee recipe for your smart kitchen
- How to make ghee from milk: how it is different from butter?