How long does ghee last unrefrigerated?
Indeed it is a critical question because dairy products are mostly perishable and you cannot store it long unless refrigerated.
But Ghee is unique although it is made of milk butter, which is prepared from pure milk. Ghee is a shelf-friendly dairy, which you can store in the kitchen without the support of refrigeration. You can store pure cow ghee for 12 months from the date manufacturing in your kitchen without refrigeration support.
However, unrefrigerated ghee preservation may call some handy storage conditions. These are:
- Store ghee in a dark corner of the kitchen cupboard
- You should store the ghee in an airtight container.
- Do not use a moist spoon to bring the ghee out of the jar.
- Do not expose ghee under the direct sunlight and excessive humidity.
- After taking ghee out of the jar, keep the lid tightly closed.
Always buy organic grass-fed cow ghee as 100% pure ghee clarified butter offers the longest shelf-life. You may check the manufacturer’s recommendation for ghee storage, its manufacturing date, and the expiry date to be sure of its shelf-life.
Only pure and preservative-free 100% natural ghee will offer you satisfactory storage-friendliness.
You may purchase storage-friendly organic grass-fed ghee in bulk quantity. For example, if you buy Milkio Grass-fed ghee and organic ghee, you can store the product 12 months from the date of manufacturing in your kitchen without refrigeration support.