Ghee sweets are becoming more and more popular globally due to ghee’s ultimate taste enhancement and health benefits. What could be better than the delightful taste without worrying much about health? Ghee not only boosts the taste of sweets or desserts but also contributes to healthy nourishment.
Some popular ghee sweets dishes you can try at your home-
Saudi Sweet Dough Balls – Al Luqaimat
These are Arabian Crunchy Dumplings; these are mainly made during the Ramadan month to break the fast by Arabic people. This dish is one of the most popular and amazing sweet dishes you can have at any time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- One teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3-4 mashed potato
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 2-3 tablespoon ghee
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
Saudi Ghee Sweets Dough Balls recipe-
- First, mix 1/4 cup warm water, saffron, and cardamom and set aside for now.
- Sift flour well as salt together and set aside.
- Add sugar and yeast to 3/4 cup warm water. Allow for a five-minute rest period.
- Stir in the mashed potato, along with the mixture, to the flour.
- Gradually incorporate the yeast mixture and continue to stir till the batter resembles the cake batter.
- Allow 30 to 40 minutes for the batter to double in size. The batter must be bubbly and bouncy at this stage.
- Heat the ghee. Pick a teaspoon of batter and gently drop it into the hot ghee; if it floats right away, the ghee would be too hot.
- Mix the batter using your fingers (about 1/2 tablespoon), force the batter off your fingers and then into the ghee through your thumb, or take 1/2 tablespoon mixture from the batter using a spoon and push the batter off with another spoon.
- Shift the dumplings around like a wooden spoon or spatula after 1 minute of frying to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the dumplings from the ghee and put them on kitchen paper when they’re light brown.
Your ghee sweets dish is ready, and you can serve it with a little maple syrup on the top.
Why NEW ZEALAND?
The spirit of dairying in New Zealand is the spirit of ingenuity. From our milk we create more than 1500 products and product specifications, and thanks to generations of adventurous and creative dairy people, these products can be found in all corners of the planet.
Source: NZ story.