Chicken Ghee Roast
Do you love to have chicken? Then try Chicken Ghee roast. It is easy to cook chicken delicacy that will offer you a healthy, spicy, classic, yummy taste that you will love to try it with again and again. Try this chicken recipe with Milkio’s Pure New Zealand ghee.
- 6-7 Teaspoon Milkio’s Pure New Zealand Ghee
- 1/2 Kg boneless Chicken
- 1/2 cup fresh creamy Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Chilli powder
- 5 Guntur Chillies
- 4-5 Kashmiri Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder,
- 10 pods of Garlic
- 1 inch of fresh Ginger
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorns
- ½ fresh Lime juice
- 15 grams of matured Tamarind
- 1 tablespoon of Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin seeds
- 5 seeds of Fenugreek
- 1 inch long Cinnamon Stick, and 4-5 cloves.
Instructions: How to prepare
- Marinate the entire chicken with fresh creamy yogurt and add all spice ingredients.
- Now keep the chicken aside and let the spices set into it.
- Add some lukewarm water to the tamarind.
- Take a pan and add 1 tablespoon of Milkio’s pure ghee on low flame.
- Add in all the spice ingredients and roast them lightly until they start to cackle lightly.
- Add one cup of water in it and start cooking on medium heat until the chilies get soft.
- Allow the mixture to rest and get cool for a few minutes.
- Now add the mix in a grinder and add the tamarind in the mix.
- Grind the mix until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add some water if necessary to make the paste best possible smooth.
In a wok, start cooking the chicken without any oil/ghee; continue the cooking until its half-way done. Do not overcook.
- Add 5 tablespoons of Milkio’s pure ghee and all the spices. Cook it against slow heat until the ghee comes up.
- Now add salt as needed with the chicken pieces and start simmering until the gravy becomes thick and the chicken gets completely coated with thick gravy layer.