Ghee or clarified butter is famous among people for its numerous health benefits. People can also consume it when they are intolerant to lactose and casein. But this is just a trailer; ghee offers an extended range of services. Apart from this, when talking about the ketogenic diet. Is clarified butter keto friendly? Let’s seek an answer to this query with concrete facts in the following paragraphs.
Keto diet and clarified butter
If you ask me, “is clarified butter keto friendly?” I will say a yes. A heavy and huge yes. Clarified butter is perhaps the perfect substitute for all the other oils and ingredients in a keto diet. Several reasons are supporting this answer. Let’s see some of them –
- Ghee is stuffed with good fats, proteins, and carbs. These, when consumed in adequate and limited amounts, helps in increasing the metabolism of the body. So if you exercise regularly and gulp a tablespoon of ghee every day, you will surely lose tons of fats in a couple of days.
- Ghee is rich in essential amino acids and vitamins. These nutrients will support your keto diet and ensure you do not run short of nourishment while pursuing your weight loss goals.
- Ghee has a high smoke point that means you can use it for cooking veggies and meals requiring a high temperature. Another thing is ghee can be easily stored at room temperature; it’s is more comfortable to spread over bread, toasts, etc., when compared to butter.
- Clarified butter is free from lactose and casein. That’s the reason why people intolerant to dairy products can also consume them during their ketogenic diet plans.
- Pure and organic grass-fed clarified butter contains conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). This acid immune our body to fight diseases like cancer, heart diseases, and Type 2 diabetes.
Towards the end, the verdict to the question is clarified butter keto friendly?
It is yes. Ghee in the keto diet can help you achieve your dietary goals and supply your body with all the essential nutrients. Now, if you are confused about how much ghee a day on the keto diet you can have, then two teaspoons of it will be adequate.