Grass fed ghee and cooking oil: what makes ghee is a better option in cooking
Grass fed ghee and cooking oils are both pantry staples and generally consumers use both of them in their cooking process. While in recent past, ghee was considered unhealthy for its saturated fat content, presently, modern dieticians are preferring grass fed cow ghee over cooking oils for multiple reasons.
Some of the prime reasons for preferring ghee as a healthy cooking oil are:
- Ghee offers good fats and that helps in maintaining good heart health.
- Ghee is a natural lubricator and laxative, and these properties are not available in any cooking oil.
- Grass fed ghee due to its MCTs and CLA is helpful for weight loss when coupled with exercise, good diet, and healthy lifestyle.
- If consumed in moderation and coupled with active life style, ghee is a feel-good pantry staple and can offer great source of energy.
- Due to the presence of CLA, ghee offers natural prevention from carcinogenic diseases.
- Grass fed ghee boosts digestion and it can detoxify digestive system if taken in morning in empty stomach with lukewarm water: no such quality of cooking oil is detected yet.
- Grass fed contains umpteen amount of butyric acid that is the reason ghee acts as a gut friendly ingredient. Cooking oil lacks this quality of gut friendliness completely.
- Regular but moderate consumption of organic grass fed can boost immunity, which is a unique feature of grass fed cow ghee.
- Ghee helps in boosting brain health and improves concentration, memory power, and cognitive ability, according to Ayurveda: cooking oils do not offer these health benefits.
Comparative Study between Grass-Fed Ghee and Oil
|DEFINITION||Grass fed ghee is procured from 100% grass fed cow milk and it is prepared by slow boiling of grass fed butter so that ghee separated.||Cooking oil is a neutral, non-polar chemical or herbal substance, and it looks like a viscous liquid at ambient temperatures.||While ghee is a natural dairy product, oil is an herbal or chemical product.|
|ORIGIN||It is procured from the milk of 100% grass fed cows||It is procured from plant or synthetic fat||Ghee contains natural fat while oil contains, in many instances, synthetic fats|
|CONSISTS OF||Ghee consists of good saturated fats and vitamins A,D,E, and K.||Oil consists of mono saturated fats, trans fats, and poly saturated fats.||Grass fed ghee is more health friendly than any other cooking oil if consumed in moderation.|
|SMOKE POINT||Grass fed ghee offers higher smoke point: against higher temperature ghee offers better stability and does not produce free radicals.||Normal cooking oil offers lower smoking point: against exposure to higher temperature oil breaks down and produces harmful free radical.||Grass fed ghee is safer for deep-frying and other cooking process in comparison to normal cooking oil.|
|STABILITY OF PRODUCT||Organic grass fed ghee is a stable dairy product is comparison to cooking oil.||Cooking oil is not that stable like organic grass fed ghee.||Ghee is a better cooking medium than cooking oil.|
|SHELF LIFE||Organic grass fed ghee is shelf stable and can be preserved for 12 months without refrigeration.||Cooking oil is not that shelf stable and cannot be preserved as long as grass fed ghee.||Grass fed ghee is much shelf stable and economic in comparison to cooking oil.|
This is the reason grass fed is being considered as a better option of cooking oil but one point is obvious here. Ghee has to be consumed in moderation and best quality organic grass fed ghee has to be consumed in order to enjoy best ghee benefits.
You can trust on Milkio grass fed organic ghee as this cow ghee is procured from 100% grass fed cow butter in New Zealand using traditional process and under the supervision of expert and experienced dairy experts.