Why is ghee used instead of butter? The answer to this question is straight ghee use instead of butter is a better choice for a few reasons.
- Ghee is lactose and casein-free, which means ghee is safer for lactose intolerants. Suppose you are not aware if you are lactose intolerant or not. Ghee is a safer choice for you than butter.
- Ghee is more flavorsome than butter. It is a natural taste enhancer. You cannot use butter for taste enhancement of your cooked dishes.
- You can use ghee with more food safety over butter because ghee offers a higher smoke point than butter. Ghee’s smoke point is 485 degrees Fahrenheit, and butter’s smoking point is 360 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning ghee offers more oil safety than butter while cooking.
Why is ghee used instead of butter? More insight…
- According to dairy research, ghee is a tested immunity booster for its loads of nutrients and antioxidants. But butter does not have any such health benefits.
- Ghee is more storage-friendly than butter. You can store ghee for up to 18 months from the manufacturing date, while you cannot store butter without freezing support.
- Butter contains some transfat, while ghee is transfat-free.