What is organic ghee? How it is better a product in its category
Before discussing “what is organic ghee”, let’s talk first about the organic products and how it is better in its class. Organic stands for a unique label of food, where it is asserted that no chemical has been used in making/yielding the product. So when we call organic ghee (dairy), it has to be assumed that it is an authentic product where no chemical preservative, or artificial color, flavor is added to the product.
What you can expect from an organic product?
So the question “what is organic ghee”, is all about the concern about its purity. An organic ghee has to be a pure produce in terms of its raw material as well as by its making process. Alternatively, it can be said that ghee or milk butter produced from organic farming methods and often certified as organic according to organic farming ethics can be labelled as organic ghee.
How organic product and organic farming us related
Now there will be a related question of organic farming. Let’s see what is called organic dairy farming. The importance of dairy farming is relevant for making organic ghee as the raw material of an organic dairy comes from only an organic producer, which is an organic dairy farm. However, organic dairy is a new comer in dairy movement. But what is organic ghee is related to this dairy movement.
The history of organic dairy
Organic dairy came into the organic marketplace in the year 1990s, by establishing the products of organic dairy itself as a premium category. The triumph of organic dairy can mainly be credited to several events, like a reaction to Monsanto’s introduction in 1994 of inherently modified or recombinant Bovine Growth Hormone (rBGH).
The propagation of rBGH use—tied with amplified consumer responsiveness about genetically modified corn, soybean, and other crops treated with an arrangement of artificial pesticides being fed to livestock; the diet of slaughter by-products to cows and sheep concerned about mad cow disease; and the augmented use of synthetic medications counting hormones, antibiotics, and steroids could have inspired many consumers to go for organic dairy products, which is safe and nutritious.
These health freak consumers started relying on the declarations of certified organic dairy as a reliable source of pure dairy products, organic ghee is one of them. The organic ghee is free from all sorts of artificial components, and it is manufactured from the raw material acquired from an organic dairy farm. Now let’s check how the question “What is organic ghee” is related to organic farming.
Organic ghee: a product of organic farming
According to dairy industry standard, organic farming is a system of production, a set of goal-based regulations that allow farmers to manage their own particular situations individually, while maintaining organic integrity. What is organic ghee is a by-product of all these organic regulations. Assurances inherent to all USDA-certified organic dairy products include the following protocols:
- Cows and calves are served with 100% organic feed.
- Organic crops, hay, and grass are grown up without any use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. Only carefully screened and approved products are used for organic feed.
- Non-natural feed seasonings and appendages such as vitamins and minerals have to be approved as organic feed.
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs,) are firmly banned.
- Land used to produce organic crops has to be free from all forbidden materials for at least three years earlier to the first organic farming.
- Synthetic milk replacers are not used in organic farming. Calves are fed organic milk only.
- All animals are given to open access to roam on the outdoor and natural weather permitting.
- Only approved health care products are used in cattle farming. Many of these are controlled in how and when they are allowed for use, etc. Antibiotics are not allowed by any means.
- Organic animals are not fed any slaughter by-products, or manure, or urea nourished food products.
- The welfare of the animals is strictly maintained.
- An organic farmer must keep adequate records to verify his or her acquiescence with the organic standards.
- An organic certified farm is reviewed and checked every year. Any organic farm can be checked impromptu any time.
Why organic dairy products are better?
Now let’s check “what is organic ghee” and why it is a better product. The basic raw ingredients of organic dairy is organic milk. Organic milk offers more heart-healthy fatty acids than regular milk, as opines study author Charles Benbrook, who is a research professor at the “Center for Sustaining Agriculture and Natural Resources at Washington State University”. The WSU researchers verified approximately 400 samples of organic and conventional milk over the period of 18 months.
The reason behind calling the organic quality milk healthier is that the milk comes down to its ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids, which is anytime lower than in the regular milk. A diet having plenty of omega-6 fatty acids and inadequate omega-3s has been related to heart disease, as well as cancer, inflammation and autoimmune diseases.
Organic cows are happier and healthier which indicates more nourishing milk and in good health babies and kids! By selecting organic milk, you can get to avail the optimum nutritional benefits of milk without divulging your family to organic contaminants. This is exactly the answer for “what is organic ghee”, and why it is counted as a better product.
Numerous studies have observed that organic milk has an advanced nutritional content, and even healthier count of omega-3 fatty acids, and more disease-fighting antioxidants than non-organic milk. Organic cows are raised in caring conditions and they eat healthy diets, so that dairy products like cow ghee from organic milk is served without the trace of antibiotics, synthetic growth hormones, or debatable pesticides.
If your question is “what is organic ghee”, Milkio cow ghee can be the answer. Milkio cow ghee is produced from 100% grass fed cow milk and the product is organic certified by BioGro NZ. The cow ghee is completely pure and free from preservatives, artificial color and flavor.
You can preserve Milkio ghee with refrigeration for 12 months from its date of manufacturing. You can use Milkio cow ghee raw as well as cooking oil.
- GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION
- SHOP NZ
- SHOP OZ
- SHOP TAIWAN
- ORGANIC GHEE ONLINE
- ORGANIC GHEE PRODUCT SPECIFICATION