Organic grass fed Ghee: How to use the dairy staple for your culinary delight
We all know that organic grass fed is beneficial for health if added to diet. Although good is test and aroma, there are some healthy ways you can add ghee is diet. Let’s check:
Add organic grass fed ghee is snacks and appetizers
- Mix Organic grass fed ghee into fresh popcorn after popping up or you may make your own. Melt cow ghee, add slight salt and popcorn, and allow to pop until done.
- Mix organic ghee with nut butters, for example, almond, peanut, cashew and others for a wonderful dip for apples and other fruits.
- You may stir-fry crushed fresh garlic in melted cow ghee and pour it on fresh bread.
- You may sauté fresh garlic in melted cow ghee and use for making best quality hummus.
- You can spread organic cow ghee over whole grain crackers; add cheese as topping.
Ghee for main courses and soups
- Add Organic grass fed ghee into piping hot soup and enjoy serving.
- Drizzle best quality organic cow ghee over fish, lobster, scallops, and crab baking.
- Stir cow ghee in hot bean dishes for example, try in Hoppin John, or Pasta e Fagioli.
- Add into hot daal (Indian lentil soup) just before serving.
- Combine minced garlic and varieties of of dried herbs such as thyme, rosemary, sage, and parsley.
- Add cow ghee for making an herbal paste; rub on a chicken and roast it until completely cooked!
Ghee with veggies and tasty Grain Dishes
- Add Organic grass fed ghee on hot steamed rice: it’s not only tasty, it’s healthy too.
- Drizzle moderately over freshly steamed veggies of your choice.
- You can brush a layer of quality cow ghee on corn-on-the-cob.
- You can try Stir frying green veggies like kale, collards, and Swiss chard in cow ghee and get to enjoy yummy flavor and improved digestibility.
- Use Cow ghee for making great quality flour and corn made tortillas.
- Try coating root vegetables with fresh cow ghee, salt, and pepper; cover and roast the dish at 425 °F until it becomes tender.
- Organic cow ghee is ideal for sautéing or caramelizing chopped onions.
- You can sprinkle cow ghee in hot baked potato, or you may stir it into hot crushed potatoes.
- Rub cow ghee on the washed skins of sweet potatoes; prick with a fork and bake at 400 °F until the potatoes become tender.
- Sauté mushrooms in melted cow ghee with a splash of white wine and add a pinch of salt for serving the best mushrooms ever!
- Spread over fresh hot Roti, and enjoy taste and health at one go.
- Stir cow ghee in hot rice, quinoa, buckwheat, couscous or millet for 5-7 minutes; now add liquid slightly and cook desired.
- Mash into baked potatoes with sour cream and chives.
Ghee for making dessert
- Mix 2 teaspoons Organic grass fed ghee with 1 teaspoon carob powder and few drops of agave nectar; now you can smear the ghee mix over rice cakes for a healthy gluten free dessert.
- Use cow ghee in baking cakes and cookies; they’ll taste yummy and will offer longer shelf life.
- Melt chocolate; add a spoonful of organic cow ghee, and enough powdered sugar to make a glaze. Use for cakes, quick breads or cookies.
- Stir a teaspoon Organic grass fed ghee into hot pudding before it gets cool – you will love the taste!
- Sauté sliced apples in organic cow ghee; now sprinkle some amount of raw sugar and cinnamon powder; now top with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy.
- Mix cow ghee and virgin coconut oil; next sauté bananas with brown sugar in this mix; top the seasoned banana with fresh cream or ice cream of your favorite flavor.
Organic grass fed ghee in Sauces
Organic grass fed ghee is the secret to making perfect Hollandaise Sauce; it’s a perfect butter substitute and it’s easy to work with.
- Mix ½ cup melted cow ghee with ½ cup virgin olive oil; refrigerate the mix in an air tight container with lid and use for sautéing, spreading.
- Simmer ghee, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and some fresh thyme. Now add salt and pour over the cooked fish.
Ghee in Breakfast
- Spread on toast, muffins and bagels – Organic grass fed ghee spreads easily and adds excellent taste.
- Stir into oatmeal or cream of wheat just before serving.
- Scramble or fry eggs in cow ghee – they won’t stick to the pan.
- Make a French-style omelet with ghee; yummy.
- Warm maple syrup with organic cow ghee; drizzle over hot blueberry, buttermilk, or buckwheat pancakes.
- Sauté veggies such as onion, tomato, and mushrooms in cow ghee; whisk in beaten eggs and make a breakfast frittata for pampering your taste buds.
- Make French toast; fry brown in Organic grass fed ghee for great flavor!
Substitutions: Organic cow ghee can be safely used
- Use in place of regular butter for sautéing; it doesn’t smoke or burn for its higher smoke point..
- Use in dairy-free recipes; milk solids are removed from ghee during the clarification process… so it suits lactose intolerants.
- Use in place of vegetable oil for better health and weight loss management…
- Use instead of butter for drizzling over boiled veggies, bread-toast, pancakes, waffles, grain dishes, baked fish, poultry, and boiled meats.
Organic grass fed ghee can be used in plenty of ways for best culinary delight. However, for best taste and shelf stability you must use best quality grass fed cow ghee like Milkio organic cow ghee of NZ.
Reference Links :