Listen this post
How to make organic ghee at home is a popular query.
Culinary enthusiasts often love to make ghee at home, but making organic ghee at home is not that easy. It is not about making process, it is all about using the raw material which is made following rigorous organic benchmark.
There are some strict parameters that decides the quality of organic ghee. Organic quality of ghee is not only a matter of purity. If a ghee is organic or not, it is decided on its raw ingredients and above all on the stringent quality maintenance of dairy farming.
In the production of organic ghee, how to make organic ghee at home process comes later. Before the process, dairy cow’s diet and the production process of the feeder grass have to be taken in consideration.
According to organic quality parameter,
- Cows involved in organic dairy farming will be 100% grass fed
- The grass used for cow feed has to be cultivated in an organic pasture without the use of any chemical fertilizer and pesticides
- The pasture of the organic grass cultivation has to be without the use of chemical fertilizer for the last three consecutive years at least
- How to make organic ghee at home is not about the making process, but the purity of the raw ingredients involved in making ghee matters the whole
- Not only the cultivation of the grass is strictly maintained according to organic benchmark, the farmer has to keep all the documents ready about his organic farming. This is done for maintaining the organic claim of the farming and an organic farm can be audited and inspected any time by the organic certification authority to keep strict quality control.
- In course of calling a product organic, the point of animal welfare of the dairy cattle has to be taken in count. It has been observed that happy cows can produce better quality nutritious milk.
The protocols of organic farming are:
- Cows are allowed to graze on open pasture almost round the year exactly as their natural habit
- Cows are not given any antibiotics and GMO based feed
- 4 principles of organic farming like soil management, health of the cows, care of ecology, and complete transparency are maintained here
- It is observed that cows maintained in organic farming offer better quality and nutritious milk than the cows kept in captivity and instead of grass if they are grain fed. In case, you want to know how to make organic ghee at home, you need to put complete focus on its raw ingredients, where the cow milk for making ghee butter has to be collected from organic dairy farm only.
- Organic farms are listed in every country. So whenever you are buying raw ingredients for making ghee at home, you have to be sure about your raw ingredients and all the features of organic farming have to be fulfilled. Ghee made of organic quality of milk can only be claimed as organic ghee, which is rather difficult to collect in home.
Certification of organic ghee
A dairy product is tagged as organic when it is authentically certified. This certification is done by some dependable organic product certifier, and the certifier company does the edit before certifying a product as organic thoroughly.
For example, in New Zealand, BioGro is one of the leading organic product and service certifier companies and when a ghee product is certified by BioGro, the product certification is considered as an authentic one. If you know even the process how to make organic ghee at home, arranging certification for the product may not be viable enough an idea.
Making organic ghee at home may seem a grand idea for expert home makers, but in reality it is a complicated task. Arranging certified organic raw material can be a daunting task and without having the best quality raw material arranged the proposition of making organic ghee can be a difficult process.
Benefits of organic ghee
Organic ghee is a pure dairy product and offers plenty of health benefits. Organic labeled ghee contains more nutrients as organic milk comprises more nutrients than non-organic milk. Organic ghee contains more Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which has benefits like weight loss, maintenance of heart, as well as healthy digestion etc.
Furthermore, this premium dairy product is storage friendly than any unadulterated version of ghee, and it can be added to the diet of pregnant women as well as for senior members, etc. in moderation for health betterment and wellbeing.
Health benefits and natural benefits are the two reasons, home makers often love to make quality ghee at home. Homemade ghee is obviously a nutritious item but these homemade delicacies cannot be labeled as organic ghee as organic ghee product parameters cannot be fulfilled in homemade method. Therefore how to make organic ghee at home is apparently a complicated proposition.
It’s therefore easier to buy good quality organic ghee from reliable ghee manufacturer. Also you can check the name of the certifier of the product label as well to be sure of its reliability. Therefore instead of learning how to make organic ghee at home, it is better to search and find a quality product for your kitchen.
Are you looking for a good quality organic ghee for your use? Try Milkio organic grass fed ghee. The ghee is procured from 100% grass fed cow milk and it is manufactured by following the traditional ghee making process. Milkio organic ghee is certified by BioGro NZ, which is one of the premium organic product certifiers in New Zealand.