Cooking with Ghee Vs Butter
Cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil is a common dilemma between chefs, and culinary enthusiasts, and homemakers. Few of them prefer butter for its yummy milky test. Still, nutrition-aware culinary artists prefer ghee as cooking oil for some reasons concerning ghee nutrition, ghee safety, and ghee storage convenience.
Let’s start first with the point of the convenience of Cooking with Ghee Vs Butter.
Cooking safety with ghee
If we close view cooking with ghee and butter respectively, we will find ghee with better cooking advantages.
- With a higher smoking point, ghee offers better stability as a cooking oil. It works for everyday cooking as well as for gourmet cooking.
- As ghee offers a high smoking point, it enjoys a higher flash point than butter. The risk of generating free radicals is lesser with ghee cooking.
- Ghee cooking is versatile. With good quality ghee, you can cook almost all dishes. But with butter, you can bake well, but for barbeque, ghee is a better option for roasting.
- Cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil is a concern for lactose intolerants. Ghee is a lactose-free dairy where butter contains some lactose and casein.
Cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil: Nutritional benefits
If we compare ghee and butter, ghee offers some unique health benefits, which are not pertinent to butter. These ghee benefits are:
- Digestion support and natural control of acidity, flatulence, bloating
- dietary support for natural weight loss
- Improves the health of your bones
- Takes care of brain health, eye health, and skin and hair health
- Ghee butyrate content takes care of colon health and regularizes bowel movement
- It promotes a good heart and helps the body in keeping natural control of LDL cholesterol.
- The omega-3 fatty acid content of grass-fed ghee strengthens immunity.
Only grass-fed ghee of premium quality can offer you all these nutritional benefits. Simply by cooking with ghee, you can attract these health benefits in your favor. But cooking with butter is not known for all these benefits.
Suppose we compare the benefits between cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil, therefore, goes in favor of ghee.
Ghee offers better storage friendliness than butter.
Premium quality grass-fed is shelf-friendly cooking oil, which you can store in the kitchen at room temperature. But butter as cooking oil is neither shelf-stable nor can be stored at room temperature.
Suppose you compare storage friendliness and benefits of cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil, ghee will always get the upper hand.
Both ghee and butter are quality cooking oils and have their benefits. But ghee has some distinct advantages over the use of butter like
- Higher smoking point makes ghee a more stable oil
- Lactose cases free content of ghee is more allergy-safe.
- Ghee offers more storage-friendliness.
Only grass-fed cooking oils like Milkio Grass-fed ghee from New Zealand offer all these benefits mentioned here. Suppose you want to enjoy the benefits of cooking with Ghee Vs Butter oil, make Milkio grass-fed ghee your kitchen staple.
About Milkio Grass-fed ghee
Milkio Grass fed ghee is made in New Zealand offers 100% grass fed goodness to its consumers. It is a USDA-approved dairy product for its 100% purity. Milkio grass fed ghee is all-natural and does not contain artificial color, flavor, and chemical preservatives. It is a butterfly-marked non-GMO certified product (by Non-GMO Project Verified, USA) and an organic certified dairy product by BioGro, New Zealand.
- How healthy is ghee? Know all about Brain Boosting Goodness!
- How much does Ghee cost is proportional to its benefits
- Clarified butter benefits-10 facts to learn before you go for it