Enjoy Ghee rice with Milkio Grass fed gheeYum
The most delicious and aromatic cooked Rice, which goes well with Chicken curry or Mutton curry. Ghee rice is a great dish to accompany any type of curry on any occasion, festive or ordinary. It is a delicious and simple rice which is perfect for packed lunches and picnics. Mostly served with raita, ghee rice is an interesting lunch/dinner recipe. It is easy-to-make and would be loved by kids. You can pair it with Rajma, Chole and even Kadhi Pakora. Make this delicious rice recipe for your family and friends and impress them with your culinary skills.
- Basmati Rice, washed in water and drained well- 2 cups
- Water- 4 cups
- Onion, large cut thin lengthwise- 1
- Bay leaves, fresh or dry- 2
- Milkio Ghee – 4 tbsp.
- Salt- ¾ tsp.
- Fresh ginger, chopped- 1 inch slice
- Fresh garlic chopped-3 cloves
- Green chilies, chopped- 3
- Whole cardamom-2
- Whole cloves-2
- Cinnamon- 1 inch slice
- Onions, cut thin lengthwise- 2
- Milkio Ghee – enough for frying onion
- Cashew nuts- 10
- Raisins, roasted in 1 tsp. ghee- 1 tbsp.
- Cilantro, chopped- to garnish