Saudi Sweet Dough Balls – Al Luqaimat
Luqaimat is a sweet dish which in UAE people usually have on the table when they break their fast along with dates and laban/milk During Holy Ramadan. It is tasty and easy to cook, and these are Arabian Crunchy Dumplings, which adults and kids equally like. Although Al Luqaimat is prepared at the time of Ramadan, it can be cooked anytime with little effort.
Ingredients needed for preparing the dish
- Yeast: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: slightly, a pinch,
- Plain flour: 2 cups or 280 g
- Corn flour: 2 tablespoons
- Full Cream Milk Powder: 3 tablespoons
- Salt: slight amount.
- Water: 1½ cups or 375 ml
- Milkio’s Pure Ghee for deep frying: 2 cups
- Sugar syrup: 2 cups or 500 ml
Instructions for cooking:
- Take a small bowl and make a mix of yeast, sugar, and ½ cup of water,
- Take another bowl, and combine there combine flour, corn flour, milk and a pinch of salt. Now add the yeast mixture with this combo mix and make it smooth with a beater. Ultimately it should look like bread crumb.
- Now add water in sets and start gentle stirring the mix until it gets converted into a soft-dough. Cover and set aside for 1½ hours till the dough gets almost doubled in size.
- Now start dividing the dough into small sized balls.
- Add Milkio’s pure ghee in frying pan and allow the ghee to get heated. Once the ghee is heated, deep fry the dough balls for 6-8 minutes the balls turns into golden brown.
- Now dip the fried balls in ready sugar syrup for 2 minutes.
- Once the balls are dip into sugar syrup, remove them and serve.
Now delicious Saudi Sweet Dough Balls – Al Luqaimat is prepared for your culinary delight. Milkio’s pure ghee will add a special flavor in the balls. The quantity used here will be sufficient for 5-8 people. It will take